Late night dinner options

Kaleena

Does anyone have ideas for a meal that I can eat late (like at 11) but my husband could get into around normal dinner time?

I'm going to a show tonight and I'll likely avoid the goodies that are put out so I'll be hungry when I get home but my husband will be home all night. Instead of us both fending for ourselves I'd rather prep something in advance that we could just eat separately.

In the past I'd just grab frozen burritos or TV dinner but I'm trying to do this healthy :P

any ideas?

• Moderators

I eat salmon salad regularly and it can easily be prepared in advance and kept in the refrigerator for when you are ready. Here is a sample recipe: http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2012/07/salmon-salad-with-diced-pickles-chopped-onion-and-dried-cranberries/

I make it different depending on what I have in the house. I may eat it over fresh lettuce, baby carrots, canned hearts of palm, canned beets, canned artichoke hearts, etc.

I also vote for salad. Other proteins could be turkey, tuna, chicken, or egg. I wanted to make sure not to let my mayo go to waste and have been having fun with cooked proteins all week!

I'll add salmon to the rotation next time, Tom. I got my hands on the digestive enzymes, so I think I can now! I can't wait to get those bones into my diet.

Chicken salad is really good with smashed avocado, celery,apple,carrot,water chestnut,and a ton of small bits of kale......

Hearty Soup/ stew, is a great option as your hubby can eat his fill and refrigerate the rest in the same pot.... 2 min to heat back up when you get home....

Archived