• 2 lbs grassfed ground beef
  • 2 packages crimini mushrooms
  • 2 tbsp ghee
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. almond flour
  • 1/2 tsp. allspice
  • 1/2 tsp. thyme
  • salt

Saute your mushrooms in the ghee over high heat. Get as much liquid out of them as possible without burning them. This is very important.

Process the mushrooms into a paste in your food processor.

Mix eggs, almond flour, spices and mushroom paste with the meat. To get a uniform texture I sort of creamed this together (like when you cream butter and sugar for cookies).

Roll and bake at 425 until done (about 20 minutes).

These are going to shed some liquid (unless you got those mushrooms bone dry) but they also taste fantastic.

• 2 lbs grassfed ground beef
  • 2 packages crimini mushrooms
  • 2 tbsp ghee
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. almond flour
  • 1/2 tsp. allspice
  • 1/2 tsp. thyme
  • salt
Saute your mushrooms in the ghee over high heat. Get as much liquid out of them as possible without burning them. This is very important.

Process the mushrooms into a paste in your food processor.

Mix eggs, almond flour, spices and mushroom paste with the meat. To get a uniform texture I sort of creamed this together (like when you cream butter and sugar for cookies).

Roll and bake at 425 until done (about 20 minutes).

These are going to shed some liquid (unless you got those mushrooms bone dry) but they also taste fantastic.

---------------------------

making them right now.... hope they come out good :)

These sound great, are crimini mushrooms a special type? Any idea what store or where in my store they would be? Would love to try these.

Cremini mushrooms are often called baby portabello.  They're slightly more mature than white button mushrooms but less mature that portabello.  They look like the brown version of a white mushroom and are usually located right beside them in the grocery store.

I'm afraid of mushrooms. I have nightmares about the canned ones my dad put on his pita pizzas. I think they're the only ones I've ever tried but I can't seem to convince myself to try them any other way. Can omeone give me a mushroom pep talk?