First Whole 30 Complete – Continuing to complete a Whole60!

earthangel077

I finished my Whole30 a few days ago! I am so proud of myself for completing all 30 days 100% compliant! While at the beginning I didn't think I was addicted to sugar, I realized during the first week how much sugar I was consuming pre-Whole30. The first few weeks were difficult for me because I was mostly stressed about cooking. My husband had started with me but gave up on day 25. He eats a lot of food so I was cooking all the time. It was making me really stressed out. I finally got into a routine and things started to go more smoothly.

I have mixed feelings about my results from these past 30 days.

Here's the good stuff:

- I lost 7lbs and a few inches off of my waist! I feel slimmer and my clothes are fitting better!

- Cuts and scrapes heal much faster. It used to take me a very long time to heal. During the first week of Whole30 I sliced into my pinky finger while chopping sweet potatoes. The same type of injury in the past would take 2+ months to heal. Amazingly my finger healed within 2 weeks!

- Any gas or discomfort I used to feel after lunch has disappeared!

- My stamina at kickboxing and the gym has increased. I have also improved my mile time from 10:30 to 9:30.

- The number of “ice pick†headaches I get has dramatically decreased.

Here's the stuff I think still needs work:

- My symptoms from PCOS and Hashimoto's are unchanged.

- My sleep has gotten worse. It takes me a while to fall asleep and I don't stay asleep. Pre-Whole30 I could fall asleep within minutes of going to bed. My husband is having the same problem. We now have a bedtime routine and have Natural Calm before going to bed. It seems to be helping but I still feel tired all of the time.

I feel like I have accomplished a lot over these past 30 days but I also feel like my body needs more time. This is why I have decided to continue for another 30 days. I believe in this lifestyle and I think it will help my PCOS and Hashimoto's. I just need to be patient and give my body more time.

Congrats on your success so far and good for you in deciding to continue. I had trouble sleeping my first 2 weeks but now I'm sleeping well so just give it time. I think I slept better before whole30 just because I was exhausted all the time. :/

Archived