Ground beef recipe ideas

moBecky

I just bought 25 pounds of grass fed organic ground beef. I'm excited to cook some tonight, but I have a mental block as to what I should make. What are your favorite recipes?

So far I've come up with:

-Meatballs

-Meatloaf

-Bunless burgers

-Frittata / egg bake with ground beef

-Taco lettuce wraps

-Bean less chili

-Bolognese sauce over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash

What else?

In the last few weeks, I have totally experienced the "I really want some ___" and "I can't remember what to do with ___" conundrum. I love this thread for that!

I am making meatballs and have done the regular pasta thing. I love your taco idea, too!

I recently had some fun with a variation on a traditional dish my mom makes called calabacitas. I had ground beef, chopped green chile, tomatoes, zuchinni, yellow squash, onion, and garlic. It was excellent with eggs the next day, too.

You will also find a ton of ideas here: http://www.wholelifeeating.com/category/meat/ground-beef/

I eat grassfed ground beef almost every single morning and I have not gotten tired of it yet. I thaw a 5 lb bag and keep it in the fridge in a Tupperware and it lasts about 5 days at my house (hubby and little ones too). We make meatballs with it too, but mostly I just grab a handful or two, brown it in an enameled iron skillet with a lid- the trick is don't stir it and let the meat caramelize on the bottom- then I take the meat out and heat up a veggie in the fat- pureed butternut squash, sweet potato (pre baked) green beans or yellow squash. I use coarse Celtic sea salt, herbs and coconut aminos to season. This is a really fast non-egg breakfast suitable for AIP/IBS as well. It is satisfying and delicious and quick.

That looks a lot like something I used to make with rice and corn. I've never had a rutabaga. Let us know how it turns out! Looks like I have a plan for day 30!

Fresh spinach at the end (or kale) has been a close ally of ours!

I was just searching for ground beef ideas as well. So this thread is great.

I love to cook and enjoy looking at food blogs etc when I have a few minutes and my kids aren't spreading lipstick all over the bathroom walls, but after seeing 200 photos of half-congealed ground beef piled over various assorted veggies I was feeling a little queasy. (I love meat but the Meatza pics especially make me want to gag.) I had a moment of panic as to whether I can really follow this way of eating--even though our usual dinners are Paleo compliant.

Anyway. I really love this chili recipe http://www.theclothe...e-chili-recipe/. I make it in the pressure cooker--I add bell pepper--and it's a super fast thing I can eat for lunch days in a row with avocado.

I cook it up with diced onions and garlic and add some ginger and Chinese Five Spice Powder. I serve it over shredded cabbage with a dressing I make with ginger, garlic, coconut aminos and olive oil. I'll add red pepper, scallions, carrots...whatever and enjoy it as a salad. YUM.

Archived