CraftyCarnivore's Whole50 (March 17-May 5)

CraftyCarnivore

Whole 30 – Day 27

B

L/o salmon

Broccoli

Coffee w/ coconut milk (it was so thick and sweet after sitting in the fridge for two days)

L

Butternut squash/apple soup

L/o roasted chicken thigh

TONS of L/o brussels sprouts

D

Homestyle Meatloaf from Cooking for Idiots (I made ketchup, people. It's awesome)

Sweet potato hash

Sauteed baby kales (will just make the rest of the bag, and will have l/o with tomorrow's breakfast)

Probably a repeat of last night's salad: Mixed greens with pomegranate arils, orange sections and mustard vinaigrette

I'm counting the cooking oils as my fat for each meal, rather than adding avocado, mayo, etc. I also have an apple and almond butter if I need it, but really trying to get over snacking. I did great over the weekend, but I think it's sitting at my desk that makes me want a snack.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

W30 – Day 30 (not 29!)

B

L/o from yesterday – Johnny M's homestyle meatloaf, crumbled over Johnny M's sweet potato hash (which was cooked in coconut oil), topped with sautéed baby kale (cooked in light olive oil – kale is my new fave vegetable), side of broccoli.

S

Added: snack size bag of pistachios

L

Not sure – either a Chipotle carnitas bol or WF salad bar. Lunch appointment got canceled so I will need to make other compliant arrangements.

D

Leftover Chicken Ole! Shredded roasted chicken, avocado, salsa, over salad greens; bowl of butternut squash soup for additional veges.

I'm such a dumbsh@t! Monday was Day 30. I posted my Success Story if anyone is interested. Today is Day 32!! I want sushi soooooo badly, but I am afraid I might end up flat on the floor.

Back to food:

B

3 homemade sausage patties (Homemade sausage: ground pork, chopped apple, and spices)

1/2 avocado, leftover from dinner

apple w/ almond butter

L

Chipotle carnitas bol w/ avocado, lots of lettuce and salsa

D

BFD/leftovers: This will end up being SSU eggs over crumbled homestyle meatloaf with a green vege.

Maybe some sweet potato hash if I feel like it.

I have no idea what I ate yesterday/last night but I had incredibly bad gas. Like radiating up my back bad gas. The only new food I had was a buffalo burger at Whole Foods. Does buffalo have that affect? Otherwise, I am blaming it on WAY too much kale at dinner.

Day 33/50:

Working from home today (office closed due to heavy flooding), so took advantage of it to make some eggs!

B

2 eggs, over easy, cooked in coconut oil

1/4 avocado

homemade sausage

topped with Trader Joe's roasted tomato and yellow pepper salsa - nom!

L

chicken salad made with homemade mayo -- l/o chicken, mayo, celery, Weber roasted garlic grill seasoning, pomegranate seeds

on mixed greens

maybe another 1/4 avocado

D

coconut shrimp

plantains

pineapple

broccoli or asparagus

Day 35/50 (Sat)

B

3 eggs SSU cooked in about 1 tsp coconut oil

Pan-fried prosciutto

Broccoli

1/2 avocado

L

Salmon salad on mixed greens

1/2 Sweet potato

D

Carnitas that I pulled from the freezer

1/2 sweet potato

1/2 avocado

I don't know what happened but I got really dizzy and nauseous a few hours after dinner (I ate at 4pm which was razy early) and just felt like I needed instant protein. I had a few slices of Applegate Farms turkey bologna around 7:30 and that seemed to help.

Day 36/50

B

Out for brekkie! Egg scramble with chorizo, avocado, veggies

Small fruit cup

L

Carnitas and sweet potato

Broccoli

HM mayo mixed with salsa verde

D

Slow cooker spare ribs

Chez parnisse braised cabbage

SP pancakes (basically mashing up already cooked SP and frying them in coconut oil -- not SWYPO!)

Laughed about staying home vs eating out. Eventually my friends got used that eating out with me = coming over for dinner. They know I will drive waitresses nuts. I gave my honest warning, hehe.

I love the new picture, goes along with "crafty" so well. What's a chez parnisse cabbage?

Wait, there are two braised cabbage recipes on nomnom? This one as supposed to take 25 min total and it took close to an hour. I used rendered fat from Friday night's steak. Didn't have an apple to spare so I used a single serve tub of organic unsweetened applesauce.

Day 37/50

B

Scrambled eggs (scrambled before I left the house and put in Pyrex…they actually stayed quite warm!) cooked in 1 tsp. of coconut oil

l/o red cabbage (Even better the second day)

Strawberries

L – kinda weird

Butternut squash soup

Applegate farms turkey bologna

Carrot sticks

Baba ghannouj

Olives

D

Chicken ranchero tostadas (from www.eatingforidiots.com)

Topped with avocado

Broccoli

I realized I'm going to be out on Thursday and Friday night, so I'm glad I didn't “over-cook†for this week. Tomorrow is leftovers, and Wednesday is always breakfast for dinner.

Day 38/50

B

Same as yesterday ^

L

L/o chicken ranchero tostadas, hold the tostadas*

1/2 avocado

Butternut squash soup

D

L/o slow cooker ribs

Kale chips

Carrots and baba ghannouj

* I realize now that these are a food without breaks. They were SOOOO delicious (basically, pureed green plantains fried in coconut oil). They were incredible, but definitely wouldn't reheat well, and were too "chippy" for me to be safe. Job well done on that recipe, Johnny M!

I had a very weird, 8 hour period yesterday (I'm due middle of next week). Full blown with cramps and everything, and I'm on the pill. Spotting is not unusual; full blow period mid-cycle is. I also felt incredibly nauseous at night. Hmmm.

That's why I never make more than I will eat, pure addiction! You are right, they are yucky if you reheat them. Another addictive plantain dish is plantain balls.

I was in PR in January and learned to love mofongo. I can embrace any program that says "Mofongo - si!" But prepared this way was just too divine. I didn't even want the tostones that were under the chicken. I just wanted the crispy bits from the pan. I had to dump them out (sniff) because I was enjoying them TOO much.

Day 39/50

B

Canned salmon + ½ avocado (my mayo went bad after 3 days!!)

Carrots and baba ghannouj

Olives

L

Big Salad from WF

D

Either compliant chicken sausages from WF and zoodles or breakfast for dinner (eggs, SP hash, green veggie)

Another co-worker commented how awesome I look. That's better than ice cream. :)

Archived