Whole 30 Starts 3/23

tinydino

Hey all,

My fiance and I are starting our first Whole 30 Saturday. We went Paleo about a year ago and saw great benefits, but the last few months we have been slowly backsliding to a more general gluten free diet. I am excited to get back on track and be "squeaky clean" for a few weeks.

I hope to lose some more weight, as I started off significantly overweight a year ago (down 30 lbs!) and increase my activity again now that winter finally seems to be ending. Also, I tend to be the pace car in the house, so if I can keep the healthy eating up, my fiance and son tend to follow (the son a little more slowly, I will admit.)

I am working on setting some more specific goals, planning meals, and making grocery lists in the run up to Saturday. (And using up the last of the whipping cream in the coffee, I will admit.)

Hi All! I've started today too. Dairy and grains are a big part of my diet so the next 30 days will be a real change for me. My main reason for doing this is due to a nagging rotator cuff injury that is taking its sweet time to heal - I'm hoping by eliminating inflammation causing foods that it will improve.

I feel very lucky my family is doing it with me. My fiance is generally on board for improving our health (especially if it includes eating more meat). He's also in his final semester at school, so he's been strapped to his desk for six months, and really feeling his lack of activity lately.

We didn't tell the kiddo that we were changing anything. He is six and still prefers to eat chicken nuggets and french fries when he can. He didn't even say anything when it was chicken and veggies for dinner instead of homemade GF pizza like we usually do on Saturdays. Better yet, he pretended to be a vacuum and literally hoovered up his chopped veggies off his plate.

Archived