Day 2 for me

Amanda5de5

I hadn't realized how hard it would be for me to start after Easter. At home I was able to clean out the cupboards, fridge etc to avoid temptation. At the office cookies, candy etc are at every turn.

While I've been 80/20 primal for quite some time, with little dairy - this is my first challnege. I was giving in too often to non-paleo treats and I want to re-set my taste buds.

Today's menu:

Breakfast - 2 sausage, egg, spinach, zucchini and red-pepper "muffins" and some blueberries

snack - ants on a log (with almond butter)

lunch - left over chicken and red cabbage slaw

snack 2 - more left over chicken, avocado, and cucumber

dinner - easy steak skewers and cauliflower "fried rice"

• Moderators

Hi Amanda - Your meals sound great. Good for you getting vegetables into your first meal of the day! If you can, you might try increasing the size of your meals and then eliminating one or both of your snacks. Your body actually needs 4 to 5 hours between meals to accomplish everything it wants to do hormonally, so three meals a day is better fit than 5 smaller meals.

Thanks for the input. everything is spaced out by 4 hours. breakfast is at 4am, snack at 8am, lunch at 12, snack at 4, dinner at 8 today

*I have an event after work at I know I won't be able to find acceptable food at, my workout shifted to the early am, and I breastfeed so don't want to fast for fear of my supply dip (I pump at work and need to make sure there's enough for tomorrow) - normally I do 3 meals and 1 snack

Hi Amanda - Your meals sound great. Good for you getting vegetables into your first meal of the day! If you can, you might try increasing the size of your meals and then eliminating one or both of your snacks. Your body actually needs 4 to 5 hours between meals to accomplish everything it wants to do hormonally, so three meals a day is better fit than 5 smaller meals.

That's great advice. When I first switched from the Zone where I was eating 5-6 times a day, I found myself naturally making smaller meals and feeling hungry inbetween and falling into the 'fridge raiding' trap. I've found making larger meals definitely helps curb snacking and cravings in general.

Archived