"Hangover" Feeling on Days 25, 26, 32

ABW

On these mornings I've woken up feeling like I drank a bottle of wine the night before. And while I'm still buying it for "after," I certainly haven't been drinking it.

The first couple of days, I thought it was a sugar hangover, due to trying out some dried apricots before running. However, today I have the same feeling with no sugar or even fruit of any kind yesterday.

The only other thing I can think of that these days have in common is exercise - running the first two days and skiing yesterday. But I felt like I drank plenty of water to make up for it, so I'm not thinking dehydration is to blame. And I have run on other days without feeling this way the next day.

Any other thoughts as to why I could be feeling this way?

Thanks!

Well I think I found it - at least the culprit from last night causing today's headache - sodium metabisulfite in lime juice.

Which calls for a restart, but "technically" I'm done... maybe I should just have a glass of wine to celebrate finishing and start again tomorrow?

I know I'm a little late to the game, but a little sodium metabisulfite in lime juice likely wouldn't warrant a restart anyway. I'd really suggest looking at how you're eat post-exercise. If your body doesn't have enough fuel coming in to recover, you're going to be strung out for a few days (I literally JUST went through this). Make sure you're getting enough food, and starchy veg in particular, to refill those stores. Skiing can be intense!

I am on day 24 and have felt this way for two days. I was thinking it was because I ate too many berries (we had extra in the house after a wedding shower was cancelled...Bride was snowed in and couldn't make it), but now I wonder if my post-workout meal was not enough. Or could it be both? I feel somewhat better today than yesterday. Yesterday I just wanted to sleep. I don't drink, so I can't really say it is a hangover feeling, but it is what I would imagine it might be like.

Thoughts?

I do feel like I have lost weight and my body has changed for the better. I am sleeping better, and last week I did feel my energy was better (not amazing, but good). The past two days, not so much. It makes me want to give in and have that darn cookie, haha, but I am going to tough it out. Staying away from sugar hasn't been hard for me, until I feel run down like I do now.

Suzie

Suzie -

It's not likely that too many berries would train wreck you like that. They're fairly low in sugar despite their sweet flavor. If you haven't already, make sure you're eating a good post workout meal and then adding a fair serving of starchies to the next meal. That may just help.

Archived