Good dips for veggies?

If I don't think I've got enough fat in a meal, I'll mash up an avocado (perhaps add a squeeze of lime and a twist of the salt grinder) and eat that with carrot sticks. I recently thought about adding in a hard-boiled egg in the mash to get extra protein when needed too. I think you'll be hard-pressed to find compliant dips or condiments. I've stopped even risking it and the only thing I have out of a can or jar or container of any sort now is ghee, oil, (some) spices and canned tomatoes.

I never felt like I just had to eat raw veggies only, I was just saying when I do (like with my lunches) I am used to having some sort of something on them. Thanks for the adivce on the guac...will definietly try and remember that! I have mad the sunshine sauce for other dishes but have not tried it with veggies.

Baba Ghanoush, avocado mashed with lemon j., cumin, chili pwd & salt, beet humus, sweet potato hummus and pesto - those are some of my favorites. Elena's Pantry, Well Fed and Simply Recipes all have good recipes listed on their blogs.

I was buuying dried chipotles and grinding them but they're quite difficult to do as they're so light they fly around the blender. I found them already ground on Amazon. Don't laugh but, here in the UK, I could only get it by the kilo, hence it's getting added to everything B)

Archived