Restarting whole30

I am looking for some advice/ opinions if people are happy to help. I am on day 11 of my 2nd whole30 but think I might need to restart the whole thing.

I have been trying to avoid nut snacks and sneaky swypo stuff (hello blueberries almonds and coconut milk) after dinner.

I had been doing ok however twice this week I have had nuts/berries after dinner. And then gone back for a second serve.

Does this deserve a Restart? Or am I heading into OCD/ED land here?

Part of me is saying "restart this was a habit you wanted to break"

Part of me is saying " it's blueberries and almonds, lighten up already"

So which of my inner voices would you listen to? : )

I would listen to a voice in the middle. Stay the course, but do your best to incorporate those difficult ingredients into your meals and not as a "dessert." If you feel as though that habit needs more work, add time at the end of 30 days. The physical part is getting done with the compliant ingredients. You can be your own judge for the mental part.

Stressing about your blueberries is worse than eating them..... Stress will whack out your hormones faster than almost anything...

So.... Relax. You are human and you just caught a bad habit... Guess what? Big W30 success !!!! It's all about having a healthy relationship with food and its awesome you caught yourself....

Freeze the blueberries... Lock up the nuts... Ban them for the rest of your W30 as they seem to be an Achilles heel....

Glimmer, don't restart, but do get rid of this faux dessert thing. I did the same on my first W30. I did frozen blueberries with coconut manna. I found myself doing it every night. Then I found myself wanting seconds. I ditched them both. I RARELY eat fruit. Don't see the benefit to me. I do have a jar of coconut manna now (I'm on my fifth W30) and to tell you the truth, I never even think about it. Probably will end up throwing it away because it looks very dry, like it's been around too long. If it were me, I would ditch the temptation. Now is not the time to tempt yourself.

Thanks everyone. I had opened a tin of coconut milk to make my kids some ice-cream, I have dumped the rest of it in the sink now.

Can't do the same with nuts and blueberries as I'm not the only one in the house who eats those. I have made an effort to increase my fat and carbs today an hoping that gets rid of the post dinner hungries.

I think I need to just go to bed earlier and then the temptation is not there.

Hang in there, Glimmer, you're doing great. so much of what and how we eat is habit and it can be hard to break at first but it really does get easier as time goes on and I love the way you're taking positive steps to change things. good luck

Glimmer.... I find that logging my day really helps...

After dinner when everyone is settled I take out my log book and recap my meals ( no calories or anything ) and my workouts and jot down my general mood during the day and if I had hunger or cravings..... Very therapeutic :)

Your doing great!!!!

Archived