Easter menu

Talk to me about your Easter menu... :D

My family is all Paleo, but; I'm the only one doing the whole30. We have always gone out to eat for Easter and just didn't worry about the details like seed oils or a little sugar. I decided we should eat at home so I could control what I eat, but; I want everyone to be happy and for it to be special. What are ya'll planning?

Thanks!

I'm the only one whole30ing here but so far I am making spelt hot cross buns for my family (cause we have to have them apparently)

Going to roast a leg of lamb so that is easy, with roast potato/sweet potato and a stack of green beans and Brussels sprouts. Plenty of bone broth in the freezer to make gravy

I live in a divided house and im the only one doing the W30. So im cooking both a ham and i am going to try a leg of lamb too. The Ham is lloaded with nitrates and garbage. I don't even like ham so it's not worth blowing the W30 over. I just need to resist wine and dessert!

I am so excited for Easter!

I am making:

- A roasted leg of lamb with mint pesto (we bought half a lamb from our local farmer and we pick him up this weekend)

- Deviled eggs with homemade mayo, paprika, topped with fresh jalepeno

- Roasted asparagus wrapped with approved proscuitto (Applegate farms)

- sauteed spring onions & mushrooms with fresh herbs

Yum. Getting excited just thinking about it.

I am so excited for Easter!

I am making:

- A roasted leg of lamb with mint pesto (we bought half a lamb from our local farmer and we pick him up this weekend)

- Deviled eggs with homemade mayo, paprika, topped with fresh jalepeno

- Roasted asparagus wrapped with approved proscuitto (Applegate farms)

- sauteed spring onions & mushrooms with fresh herbs

Yum. Getting excited just thinking about it.

I was thinking about deviled eggs as well, not for Easter but just because I love them. Anxious to know how they turn out!

I am having my family down and they are like the anti-healthy eaters, so it always takes some creativity to prepare something that my partner and I can eat and that they will also enjoy. so what i'm going to attempt is a rack of ribs, with a homemade dry rub instead of sugary bbq sauce. with a side of coconut oil and cinnamon roasted sweet potatoes, and a fresh salad on the side with walnuts, fresh fruit and a basic oil, vinegar and herb dressing. When it comes to dessert, my sister in law is making something that i know wont be compliant so my partner and i are going to do broiled grapefruits with cinnamon.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

So my mom is hosting Easter, she has done Whole30 and I will be able to have three sides and the salad as well as shrimp cocktail app (if I want). Unfortunately, I cannot have the ham. I'm looking for a yummy recipe for a main for me (while everyone else eats lasagna and ham). :) 

• Administrators

Easter has been discussed a tonne on this forum, every year. Please feel free to google "Whole30 Easter dinner" and you'll get lots of results. I've merged your topic with a popular one from a past year in order to keep the forum tidy.

Archived