Working yoghurt into the meal template

GoJo09

I'm just starting some re-intro, and was wondering how to go about working yoghurt into a proper template meal - is it the protein, is it the fat, is it it's own special magical category?

Previously, I would have had yoghurt with cereal or fruit or something for breakfast or afternoon tea, so not sure how to add it in to a proper W30 style - I intend to stick to the template generally from now on, and yoghurt is the one thing that I'm hoping I can work in without negative effect (skin, bloat and digestion are the things I'll be keeping an eye on).

Any suggestions welcome - I have a lovely tub of greek yoghurt in the fridge I'm ready to crack in to.

(I've already had a negative re-intro of my previous favourite "treat" - mini chocolate coated rice cakes - my stomach was not impressed :( )

If I had full-fat, Greek yogurt, I'd probably put it between my protein and fat, but mostly on the protein side. (I sort of like that the template doesn't tell us where to put less healthy foods). For me, I'd probably want fruit with it, so I would probably put it at meal 2 because I wouldn't associate that with old habits there as fruit and yogurt is more of "breakfast" or "dessert" in my mind.

We did do yogurt on our day 31 and didn't notice any changes between then and day 34. I hope the experience is the same for you and that others chime in with their opinions on the template.

Yoghurt is a nice condiment to spicy curries. Or to make a dressing, sauce or marinade for meat. If you are trying to stick to the template I think it's wise to avoid the fruit & yogurt combination and go more savory. I used to make a cold cucumber dill yogurt soup that would be delicious as a side to cold sliced chicken and a salad.

Looks like it might be a moot point, as my first re-intro of it did not go well! Will give it a couple more goes before writing it off though - I will be particularly devo if yoghurt is off the menu permanently (although not actually surprised).

Archived