Celestial Seasons Tea

moonbeam

I just joined and this is my first post. Please accept my apologies if I violate any forum etiquette. I checked and didn't see anything specifically about this topic. Many of the Celestial Season's teas have "natural flavor" in their ingredients list, so I've been avoiding them. However, it's been REALLY hard to find teas that don't add "natural flavors." The Celestial Season's website says: "In addition to natural herbs, teas, spices and botanicals, some of our teas use natural flavors to achieve their unique tastes. The natural flavors we use are derived from real ingredients and do not contain artificial or synthetic additives. Please email us at [email protected] if you have a specific question or concern about natural flavors." Do we trust them? Are all their teas Whole30 compliant?

• Moderators

I simply don't worry about "natural flavors," so on that point, the teas are fine. As Maryann noted, the problem with many Celestial Seasoning teas is the inclusion of soy lecithin. That makes them unacceptable. A few of their teas do not list soy lecithin, but many of them do.

Side note: Companies routinely have acceptable and unacceptable products. You can's say an entire company is okay. You have to check the ingredients of each offering.

Also, not every store stocks every flavor, so if you go through all of them at one store and can't find one without something banned, it doesn't mean the competitor doesn't stock a few acceptable ones. In keeping with my cavewoman lifestyle, I have become much more of a hunter/gatherer in the food department. Before, I would buy everything at one place for the convenience, now I make a circuit of several places to take advantage of the best options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

You have to read the ingredients for each flavor. My echinacea tea had soy lecithin in it. Eiw, that promptly hit the trash even before Whole30ing.

Also, while they state all their products are non-GMO, a friend of mine who is very source conscious did some research and found articles of high levels of pesticides in their tea, among other info that I don't recall. Not Whole30 related, but super gross to me. I've decided not to drink it anymore.

I found an organic green tea that I really like, Alvita.  You can find them on Amazon.com and sometimes catch them on sale.  I bought the regular green tea and it worked out to just under $4 a box which are usually over $7 in the health stores.  They have several different herbal flavors too.

Archived