Weird "jump out of my skin" feeling

I'm having a very odd feeling, like I'm really anxious and about to jump out of my skin! Can't tell if my pulse is fast because I don't have a meter here, but this feels weird. Haven't had it since been on my Whole30...not sure what I've had today that's different, other than the club soda??

Kind of spooky!

Linda, I had some days during the 30 where I just felt like I had a lot of spare energy and wanted to be moving more than usual. Also I noticed at one point during the adjustment period that tea with a healthy dose of coconut milk made me feel really calm. Maybe you could try that.

Linda, there are lots of reasons you may be feeling anxious, and not all of them have to do with food. I'd make sure you've eaten enough and you're well hydrated - that feeling sounds a lot like how I get when I'm quite dehydrated. If it continues, I'd take a look at anything going on in your head - stress, unresolved stuff, tasks unfinished, etc.,in addition to making sure you're eating enough, drinking enough water, and sleeping well.

Hope you feel back to normal soon.

Melissa

Melissa - thank you, I think you were exactly right. I seem to remember having these symptoms before and thinking I was in need of salt; this time I was afraid I had overdone the sodium because I typically eat very, very little and lately I have been enjoying olives quite a bit (I love them). I had some water and that seemed to do the trick...though that surprised me since I had been drinking quite a bit of water earlier today. Still working on that balance.

Thanks, everyone!

Linda, I had some days during the 30 where I just felt like I had a lot of spare energy and wanted to be moving more than usual. Also I noticed at one point during the adjustment period that tea with a healthy dose of coconut milk made me feel really calm. Maybe you could try that.

Oooh, befab, I like the sound of this. I'll try that too...

Withdrawal from all the caffeine and stuff in the Mountain Dew maybe. Well worth the few days of discomfort. IMO the cold turkey method is best.

If it's really unbearable and you can't tolerate cold turkey, don't go back to doing the Dew. Drink some black coffee, coffee w coconut milk or unsweet tea. Don't sub drink for drink. Caffeine content varies per ounce - so work out your current intake with the ebil MD, then how much coffee or tea for same amount of caffeine. Reduce by 10% each day. Easy withdrawal. Do not try to do it with the MD has your caffeine source. You'd lose all your other gains.

http://en.wikipedia....and_consumption - Handy chart of caffeine content of various beverages.

Archived