What's Your Cook-up This Weekend?

Week 2 starts tomorrow -- so far, so good! :) Here's what I'm cooking up today and tomorrow:

WF chocolate chil

Crockpot chicken (using meat for curries, salads, maybe WF pad Thai)

Beef broth (nomnom Paleo)

Spaghetti squash

Roasted veges

Mashed cauliflower

W30 mayo

WF tuna salad (the Waldorf salad one)

Frittata

Either WF Moroccan meatballs or WF shepherds pie...any recommendations of one over the other?

Ha! I went to respond to this and it's YOU...and YOU already know my cookup :)

I'll post it for anyone else who cares:

Breakfast Meatza - (next time I'll cook it without the eggs and do quick sunny side up eggs to go on it each morning)http://paleomg.com/breakfast-meatza/

Turkey satay burgers - http://hollywouldifshecould.net/2011/08/easy-paleo-turkey-satay-burgers/

Bison Chili - http://hollywouldifshecould.net/2012/06/bison-sweet-potato-chili

Curry chicken - http://paleomg.com/leftovers-brazilian-curry-chicken/

EVOO Mayo

Mason Jar Salads

Spaghetti Squash

Chopped veggies for easier meal prep

The bison chili is AMAZEBALLS. It blows Chocolate Chili away. I added a pound of Ground Turkey as well for more substance.

I made the Moroccan meatballs only once. They were 'okay'. Next time I would use a higher fat content meat. The 90/10 made them too dry. I also found the recipe very labor-intensive. Using a tablespoon to portion the meatballs yielded over 50. I felt like I was rolling meatballs for hours. And I find with many of Well Fed's recipes, they taste much better the next day. I was less than thrilled with my dinner that night, and froze the rest in portions. When I reheated them for lunches, I liked them a lot more. They do go great with cauliflower mashed.

I made the Moroccan meatballs a few weeks back, and I think next time I will mix the lamb with pork or beef BUT my trick for making the meatballs was I had a small cookie scoop--think tiny ice cream scoop and it ROCKED making those meatie balls so much easier! I portioned each meatball and went back and just rolled them around in my hands just a second or 2 to make more round. I highly recommend getting one of those if you are going to make a bunch of meat balls.

I made the Moroccan meatballs a few weeks back, and I think next time I will mix the lamb with pork or beef BUT my trick for making the meatballs was I had a small cookie scoop--think tiny ice cream scoop and it ROCKED making those meatie balls so much easier! I portioned each meatball and went back and just rolled them around in my hands just a second or 2 to make more round. I highly recommend getting one of those if you are going to make a bunch of meat balls.

Yup, I use that as well. They were perfectly formed and sized. :)

I ended up making Greek meatballs instead. Basically, lamb, onion, garlic, oregano, parsley, cinnamon. I made a W30 compliant tomato sauce and just added a bit of cinnamon and simmered it on the stove with a couple of dates to give off some sweetness. (Then I threw the dates out.) It was yummy!

Wow - they look fascinating. I don't actually need to carry my lunch anywhere but I still want to make these :)

You know, the first time I made these, I ended up eating two of them at home! One was because I worked from home one day that week and the other was because I was lazy and needed a salad to go with dinner so I just used a jar instead of prepping one from scratch. I think it's a great idea to get more salads into the week regardless of where you eat them!

You know, the first time I made these, I ended up eating two of them at home! One was because I worked from home one day that week and the other was because I was lazy and needed a salad to go with dinner so I just used a jar instead of prepping one from scratch. I think it's a great idea to get more salads into the week regardless of where you eat them!

I am thinking the same as kirsteen. I sometimes get lazy at dinner and find myself avoiding salads. I think I will add 4 or 5 of these to my cookathons. Love this idea. You could even vary the dressing. Fun fun.

Just texted hubby and told him I am getting a dozen Mason jars and I am going to make those Mason Jar Salads! I am a SAHM, but it is so hard to make a salad every day when I need to take care of the bean and what a fantastic way to make sure I get a good lunch every day!

Just texted hubby and told him I am getting a dozen Mason jars and I am going to make those Mason Jar Salads! I am a SAHM, but it is so hard to make a salad every day when I need to take care of the bean and what a fantastic way to make sure I get a good lunch every day!

My best tip is to get wide mouthed quart jars. Easier to get the salad fixings in AND out :)

• 4 weeks later...

This week's Cook-up:

• HM mayo
  • Baba ghannouj
  • BBQ sauce (tomato paste, tomato sauce, rw vinegar, garlic powder, ginger, paprika, tiniest bit of cinnamon, pepper -- it's not sweet, but it satisfied the need to dip my ribs in *something*)
  • Butternut squash soup
  • Chicken rancheros tostadas (tonight's dinner -- prepped the chicken and ranchero sauce last night)
  • Chez Parnisse Braised Red Cabbage from nomnom

Archived