Not hungry enough???

Is that even possible?

Let me clarify something first though...I'm certainly not a waif of a woman. I'm 5'2" and I started this program weighing in at 206lbs. So, believe me...I can chow down on some food.

I'm definitely hungry in the morning and get my protein, veggies and fat. I don't snack at all and I drink plenty of water, in fact water is the only thing I drink all day except for a glass of herbal tea before bed. Lately though, once lunch and dinner come around I have to talk myself into eating. I eat...working the template, but I'm not "hungry". I work out now 4-5 days a week and have my small pre-w/o food, but there is NO way possible I could eat after working out plus dinner. I just can't bring myself to do it...I already feel too full after dinner most nights.

Is this okay? Am I doing something wrong? right? I don't want to sound whiny that I'm not hungry enough, but well...sometimes I truly feel like I could skip a meal and not miss it...I don't...but I certainly feel that way.

I am curious how far into your whole30 you are?

I noticed the same things you are describing when I did my first whole30. I felt full all.the.time in the beginning. I believe it was around day 11 when I started to notice that I once again anticipated and looked forward to lunch and dinner.

It is funny. Today is day 1 of round 2 for me, and I just noticed that it is almost 7pm and I have not started to prep dinner yet. I guess it is happening to me again!

I feel like this a lot. Sometimes I think I just don't notice my hunger as hunger, because I'll get very tired, grouchy, depressed, etc. and then eat because it's time to eat even though I don't feel hungry, and then immediately feel better. So I have no sensation of wanting food in my stomach, but my body clearly wanted some anyway. It's darn inconvenient :(

Sometimes our hormones are so out of whack with years of not so good eating that it can take a while to reset them. I also find the hunger I have on a W30 is totally different to the hunger I had before when I was eating food that wasn't nearly as nourishing and it's taken me quite a while to really learn the signals.

When I ate a crap diet, I always got hungry fairly quickly after meals and had no trouble recognising the get-me-food-now feeling. I also realise now that a lot of that was actually cravings. When I started really nourishing my body on a W30, I didn't get that famished feeling and, for quite a while, really had to rely on the clock and the meal template to know what and how much to eat. The template really is your friend. For me it helped establish a pattern of healthy eating and after a while I started to learn the more subtle signals my body now gives me that it's time to eat. Hang in there, it will get easier.

Archived