kb0426 Whole30 Round 2

kb0426

I think the meatloaf pushed some veggies off my plate. :wacko: I had leftovers of both the asparagus and the mashed cauliflower on my plate. Darn you Johnny! Picture me raising my fist in anger, cursing you, but then laughing because I am only kidding!

The meatloaf was really good. I am stuffed!

So this is my first kale-free day. Sigh. I just couldn't do it, but I have some ready for my lunch for tomorrow.

In reviewing my foods for the passed 9 days, I am feeling really good about my choices. Even moreso, I am so proud of myself for getting back into the gym. While I was there this morning, I recalled my calorie counting days. Moving was only for the sake of consuming more. Talk about a bad relationship! On days I didn't exercise, I was so hungry, but feared consuming more than my allotted calories. Then, days I worked out, the extra calories usually went to sugary treats. Sure, there were days when I simply ate more real food, but I never listened to my body. I only responded to what the calorie count said.

I feel so much better now. I have separated the actions of eating and exercise. Exercise is something I do because it is good for me; good for my heart, good to have weight bearing exercises, especially as I get older, and mood elevating at that!

I got a LOT accomplished today. I got my cooking done. I cleaned the kitchen, the powder room, the dining room and the living room, and did 3 loads of laundry. Looking forward to spring actually getting here so I can open the windows and start airing this place out. It has been a long, cold winter and I am ready for some light. In this house and in my heart.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 10:

Sigh. Monday.

I was awake a couple of times last night. I had to pee and at 2:30 my foot was throbbing. I was given a brace on Friday for the swelling and I think I had it on too tight. I am looking forward to when the very deep sleep kicks in.

m1: uncured country sausage, 2 eggs scrambled, sauerkraut, grape tomatoes, decaf w/ WCC

m2: I am disappointed. I packed my meatloaf and then looked at my work calendar. Scheduled for lunch out :(.

Off to start the day! Back later!

m2: That ended up being better than I expected! I had a kobe beef burger, bunless of course, topped with a fried egg and avocado, with fruit on the side. Ideal to the template? No, but I was still happy with my choice. I get tired of salads out, and this was delicious to boot!

Everyone coveted my plate as they ate salads :).

m3: Same as last night. Meatloaf, asparagus, mashed cauliflower, and then I waited...10 minutes at least...and had a banana and almond butter. :ph34r:

I won't sweat it...about a tablespoon of almond butter. I got this!

You are a trooper - doing cleaning and going to the gym with injured foot! I am officialy ashamed now. I just can't make myself sort out stuff and do the general spring cleaning. I managed to put away - that much of a progress. Reading logs and giggling about "kale free" and "you have to buy them to cook them" is so much better :)

Day 11:

m1: Uncured country sausage, 2 eggs scrambled, sauerkraut, 1/2 a zucchini sweet potato latke. (note: so NOT good heated in the microwave.)

Had a little pity party this morning. I actually found myself missing the breakfast of days gone by...english muffin with PB and bananas. Now, I realize that I in those old days, I would have already started to feel hungry by now, and would be eyeing my 10 am snack. I don't miss THOSE things.

m2: cold meatloaf with homemade mayo, kale salad, orange

m3: Going out to dinner, and quite honestly I know I am going to be THAT pain in the ass guest at the restaurant. While I can find a lot of great proteins on the menu, it will take work to remind them to not put the fancy compound butter on it, etc. Also, drinking club soda while they all enjoy cocktails may make me even more bitter than I feel right now!

Will update later with my meal!

Snack attack: I had a closed handful of almonds at 4:30.

m3: 6 oz skirt steak and a whole mess of brussels sprouts. I am really hoping that the restaurant actually did leave the butter out of my meal. They said they cook in olive oil, and finish with butter. I requested no butter. Fingers crossed.

Then, I really still felt hungry when I got home! I had 2 hard boiled eggs. Could have been worse I guess.

Off to bed!

Day 12:

I am happy to report the sleep of my dreams is back. God how I love that deep sleep! m1: 4 eggs with frozen spinach and grape tomatoes. Decaf w/ WCC. I struggled to eat all of it, but had that nagging "but what if I get hungry later" feeling, so I cleaned my plate.

I packed some bone broth to take to work, and had that around 10:45. Now I am glad I finished my breakfast as I am starting to get hungry!

planned m2: Meatloaf with homemade mayo, kale salad and an orange

After eating the meatloaf, and the mayo I feel like a bloated bellied toad. And just looking at the kale is making me greener than the kale itself. I really do wonder if I got some funky ingredients at the restaurant last night. I have not had this feeling for the first 11 days of this whole30. My first whole30 I felt like this all the time in the beginning. Sigh.

planned m3: Paleo Pad thai with chicken On with the day!

It has been 5 hours since I had lunch and I have to say my belly is really uncomfortable. Kind of like that "Thanksgiving I ate too much" feeling. I just had to vent. I don't like this feeling :blink: .

m3 ended up being 2 HB eggs and a banana. I went with whatever sounded good.

Actually, I didn't. What SOUNDED good was a bowl of tomato soup and a pile of saltines with butter. Clearly a flashback to childhood and comfort food.

See? That makes what I did choose sound a whole lot better!

G'night!

What sounded good to me tonight was a big bowl of my mom's chocolate pudding. So odd...I probably haven't had it in over 20 years. Roasted butternut squash and green chicken will have to do. We're all having a moment. :0)

What sounded good to me tonight was a big bowl of my mom's chocolate pudding. So odd...I probably haven't had it in over 20 years. Roasted butternut squash and green chicken will have to do. We're all having a moment. :0)

Oh you didn't just go and bring up moms chocolet pudding!!!! Thanks a lot!!!! :)

Day 13: Well, I certainly hope today is better than yesterday. The stomach troubles continued after dinner last night. I feel better this morning, so fingers crossed.

Enjoyed my sleep, even though the dog woke me at 1am with a desperate need to go out. What I love about whole30 sleep is I go right back to sleep!

m1: Chicken thigh with skin, 1/2 sweet potato with ghee and almond butter (big blob) and grape tomatoes. 1/2 decaf 1/2 regular coffee w/ WCC

m2: Chocolate chili with 1 whole avocado diced, an orange

midafternoon preworkout: HB egg, handful almonds

planned m3: Steamed shrimp, plantain chips and guacamole.

Yes, this is getting light on the green veggies but I think I burned myself out on the kale salad :wacko: . Maybe I will make kale chips tonight instead of the plantains. We will see.

Have a great Thursday. One day closer to the weekend!

KB, I struggle with Kale overdose too. I've been steam sauteing nappa cabbage, bok choy together. Then I put it in a container for easy access. I hate the smell when I open the container by the way. I throw it in a pan with CO or ghee and go to town. I especially like it with coconut aminos. I don't think it has the same nutritional impact as kale does..but it's leafy and somewhat green. :)

Post workout 2 HB egg whites

m3: I did end up with the kale chips! Steamed shrimp dipped in hot sauce mayo, kale chips, 1 strawberry, 3 raspberries and 3 blackberries. Okay, the fruit is random, but I was prepping fruit for our team breakfast tomorrow and just could not resist!

As for that team breakfast, I boiled 18 eggs, made amazing LOOKING blueberry muffins, and have fresh berries. I envy my team the blueberry muffins, but know I will enjoy the HB eggs and the fruit. I may also pack some sauerkraut to take with me; I will do that just for the shock value ;).

I must get to bed! G'night!

Day 14:

I am feeling really good! Getting solid, deep sleep and finding it easier to get out of bed. Not getting up before the alarm yet, and must admit that I am quite excited to not have to set the alarm tomorrow!

I also have to say I was quite pleased when getting dressed this morning. No love handles, muffin top, nada! The eating and the working out is working beautifully.

m1: team breakfast! No, I did not bring any sauerkraut, but will be having HB eggs and mixed berries of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. I brought enough for everyone, as well as the blueberry muffins for them. I had a 1/2 decaf 1/2 regular coffee w/ WCC at home.

m2: Chipotle carnitas salad with tomatoes and guacamole. I may even get extra guac. Yes, sweet Chipotle employees, I know guac costs extra!The line into Chipotle was out the door, literally, and after standing outside for 10 minutes (brrrr) I hit the work cafe and got a salad with romaine, spinach, beef (of some sort), carrots, olives, raisins, walnuts and olive oil.

m3: Baked chicken wings, baked plantains and more guacamole. I may stop by the store after work to get some kale, so more kale chips may make an appearance.

The real reason for a trip to the store is to get more sardines to make Nadia's Fisherman's Breakfast tomorrow!

Late afternoon and I needed something. Fortunately, I had leftover HB eggs from this a.m., so I had an HB egg and some almonds.

I didn't get any kale but was able to stop at a downtown store for sardines! YES! :wub:

Archived