kb0426 Whole30 Round 2

kb0426

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 19: I keep forgetting to document the day and then i get confused about what day I am on!

Last night was the first Natural Calm night. Okay, I find the taste rather on the heinous side. The kind where you drink it and immediately your whole body just shivers. I ended up shooting it down as quickly as I could.

I slept HARD last night. I dare say it was even a deeper sleep than usual. And this morning? Awakened by, er, my urge to get up and get the day moving before my alarm went off. Whether this was the Natural Calm or the whole sweet potato I ate last night I can't be sure, but I will take it!

m1: 3 compliant Applegate hot dogs, sauteed nappa cabbage, 1/2 roasted sweet potato with 1 tbl homemade almond butter, decaf w/ WCC. Burp

m2: tuna salad, carrots, celery, almond butter and mango slices.

m3: HB eggs and 1/2 sweet potato (getting my hair cut and colored so dinner has to be on the go.)

I got the sweetest text from a friend of mine yesterday. She had seen me the day before and said she had to do a doubletake because I looked so good! See what 18 days of clean eating does for you

Happy Wednesday! *if you ignore the snow on the ground. :angry:

Happy Thursday which for me is Happy Friday because I decided to take tomorrow as a vacation day! :)

Day 20:

m1: 3 eggs fried over sauteed baby bok choy in coconut oil and coconut aminos, banana with homemade almond butter, regular coffee w/ coconut milk and cinnamon.

m2: tuna salad over bed of romaine, spinach, and whatever other veggies look good at the salad bar in the cafe. I am bringing the tuna salad, but really wanted a salad base to go with it. Olive oil poured liberally over it :). Oh and some dill pickles! I ended up with a bed of spinach, romaine, raisins, olives, carrots, walnuts and HB egg. I am SO going to do this again when I am running low on greens at home!

pre-wo: HB egg and maybe some almonds

m3: Yeah, I am not so good at the post wo thing. Grassfed beef burger patty, mashed cauliflower and TBD. ;) Really the whole m3 plan is up in the air! There is a chipotle next to my gym so the carnitas siren may be calling my name.

Have a great day!

The gym did not happen tonight! I figure I will head there tomorrow morning on my day off. Woot woot! A day off!

I needed dog food on the way home, which caused a stop at the nearby grocery store as well. I got lured in by the pistachios :(. I ate far too many.

Simple dinner of grassfed beef burger with mustard, sauerkraut and kale chips. Kombucha and a whiny begging dog on the side ;).

Paco loves beef as much as I do!

Day 21:

Hi :)

Notes to self: The combination of pistachios + Natural Calm then caffeine the next morning = formula for disaster. 'Nuff said. :wacko:

Pre-wo: Regular coffee w/ coconut milk

post-wo: sliced ribeye, doing my best to avoid the fattier bites.

m1: Fishermans eggs (sardines, eggs, garlic, shallot, parsley, love), sweet potato hash and grapefruit. No more coffee today.

m2: not sure if this one is going to happen. Breakfast was HUGE and I did not eat until 10:45. Don't look at me that way. I slept in. It was a vacation day! Will likely rock some HB eggs if the urge hits.

m3: Baked buffalo chicken wings and plantain chips with guacamole (or mango salsa if I am in a chopping mood.)

Time to get washed up and get some errands accomplished!

I was in a shopping then chopping mood today!

I have been running on high energy ALL day today. After my workout and delicious breakfast, I did sit on my butt for a while here and elsewhere on the internet. I eventually cleaned up and head to the m.a.l.l.

I had stores I wanted to get to...but was disappointed when I got there. I went to Athleta to check out a swimsuit I was eyeing in the catalogue, only to find they didn't have that one in the store. I went to lululemon, but a gaggle of 12 year olds made it impossible to think. I ended up in the Nordstrom shoe department. Danger!

What you don't know about me is that I LOVE shoes. I am was known for my high heels and sashaying through the Minneapolis skyways. Known not nationally, mind you, but amongst my friends and coworkers. Well, there has only been hobbling and no sashaying with this foot and the surgery. When I spotted these babies I could not help myself! I really hope the left one fits as there was no trying it on since I am still pinned and bandaged!

post-6147-0-67779000-1365810944_thumb.jp

I did not have m2 today so I was ready for dinner when I got home from the mall. Ready, but not chewing my arm off eat now or die hungry, so I took the time to chop and make the most amazing mango avocado salsa! Mango, avocado, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, salt and lime juice. SO good and fresh! I used this for my plantain chips. I also had the baked buffalo wings and my caesar kale salad was back on the menu!

What a delicious dinner to end a great vacation day!

p.s. You can probably tell my energy level by the amount of !!! in this post! :rolleyes:

Love this post! Love the shoes (don't tell me it's Jimmy))). With the speed spring is coming, your foot has lots of time to heal.

I wish I've read this post earlier :( I've already thrown my mango that has been in a fridge for almost a month in the dehydrator. Now I want salsa. Daaaamn.

You crack me up. So not surprised about the shoes. I see that in you from your illegal bathroom photo. :0)

You mean I am that transparent, even on the internet? ;)

Love this post! Love the shoes (don't tell me it's Jimmy))). With the speed spring is coming, your foot has lots of time to heal.

I wish I've read this post earlier :( I've already thrown my mango that has been in a fridge for almost a month in the dehydrator. Now I want salsa. Daaaamn.

I am afraid Jimmy and I have never been acquainted; he is kind of like gluten to me now...meant to be enjoyed vicariously through others.

As for the salsa, it is clearly time to buy another mango. I am looking forward to incorporating the leftovers into m1 somehow!

Nice shoes!

Thanks lady :)!

Gluten free is awesome we know it. So so pretty, kb. I was looking for a pair with neon yellow too (actually just neon yellow) but it's harder than it sounds. This color tends to look cheap so easily. Ok, I should stop now. Obsessed girl.

I like mango in tuna salad. I won't buy it, because I will simply chew it down while slicing or I will need plantains for salsa. It's a trap :D

Day 22!

pre-WO: 2 HB eggs, regular coffee w/ coconut milk

post-WO: 2 HB egg whites and 1/2 banana. I know, it shouldn't be a fruit, but I had some serious shakes!

m1: Dee-freaking-licious!

post-6147-0-92439900-1365869436_thumb.jp

A bed of sweet potato hash (shredded sweet potato with cumin, salt, onion powder, cayenne) cooked in coconut oil, topped with a grassfed beef burger, a fried egg, and leftover mango avocado salsa. Heaven on a plate!

m2: Most likely this will be tonight. My m1 was more brunch-ish. The menu will depend on what I find at the store today!

Agenda for the day - shower including hair washing if I can lift my arms that high. I have noodle arms right now :).

A run to Target

Hit one grocery store for my favorite brand of coconut oil, then on to the co-op for the rest.

MIght as well put my grocery list here as I think through what I need!

kale

plantains

cilantro

parsley

red onion

shallots

bananas

grape tomatoes

mango

avocado

garlic

limes

tomatoes

lettuce

spinach

sweet potatoes

eggs

dill pickles

sardines

tuna fish

sirloin

beef patties

shrimp

coconut milk

coconut aminos

decaf coffee

and any other proteins that call to me!

If I missed anything, let me know!

That is quite the list. I had better get crack-a-lackin! Yes, it would appear the exclamation point monster is back today. Damn healthy living!

Bok choy and nappa cabbage! Phew...I remembered them when I saw them :).

Well, I clearly failed at planning for a food emergency. Was finishing the last of my errands at the co-op and when I got there was feeling a little peckish, but when I was finishing up I was actually a starving fool! Well, I think this was actually the refined carbs giving one last good fight. I knew I was in trouble when I was walking into the co-op, and saw a sign across the street at the pub. I started craving a beer! Long story short - I ended up getting a compliant lara bar and ate an HB egg when I got home 15 minutes later.

m3: Making Nadia's Sardine Fritters (found here http://forum.whole9l...ardines__st__20 ) plus kale caesar salad and plantain chips with guac.

For now, feet are up and I am re.lax.ing!

Nadia - loved the fritters! I added a bit too much coconut flour - 1 tbl, but the flavor was there! To moisten them a bit after they were fried, I decided I needed to top them with mayo. I made a caper mayo. Just the right amount of salty caper to go with the sardines. Delightful!

Happy Sunday! I am feeling quite rested; it was especially helpful that I took Friday off. 4 day work weeks would be so much more civilized.

Day 23:

Plan for today:

pre-wo: 1 HB egg and regular coffee w/ WCC.

post-wo: Sardines in mustard from the tin

m1: compliant applegate farms hot dogs with sauerkraut and mustard, kale salad, and sweet potato hash, decaf w/ WCC.

m2: Going to make sure I plan for a m2 today after yesterday's fiasco. Tuna salad with homemade mayo, celery, carrots and dill pickles on the side. After I got home from shopping, I was hungry and needed something as dinner was still 2-3 hours away. I made just the tuna salad. I know. I am bad. No veggies.

m3: This carne asada in romaine lettuce cups:

http://soletshangout...-lettuce-wraps/

Adding some smashed plantains too. Not baked! Uh oh. My plantains are too green for smashing! Looks like baked it is! ;)

Okay, headed out to the gym. Yes, my upper body is sore :). Looking forward to getting this damn pin out of my foot in 8 days so I can start some full body exercises!

Random thoughts:

Sardines in mustard straight from the tin are amaZING!

This was a tasty breakfast:

Makes me feel all healthy inside. :) I am taking breakfast pictures lately to share with my sister that:

a. Hates to eat breakfast

b. Only eats english muffin, peanut butter and a glass of OJ if she does eat breakfast.

I have to admit half the fun has been trying to figure out how to gross her out :). Which for me, has meant stepping even further out of my meal 1 comfort zone. I refuse to let her see just hash browns and scrambled eggs!

This week's Abs come out come out I know you are hiding in there somewhere shot:

post-6147-0-96620400-1365955254_thumb.jp

Off to the shower. Today I am helping a few teenagers accessorize their semi-formal outfits! Bless my heart - a gaggle of girls, my best fried (one of their moms) and me at the mall. I may come home saying "as if!" and "whateeeeeeever". ;)

m3: Just wanted to come and give this recipe a 5 smile rating! :) :) :) :) :)

It is quite spicy! This is one of those rare occasions when I am missing sour cream! I decided on a salad instead of doing it "cup" style. Better way to get in more greens! Romaine and spinach, and there are olives, grape tomatoes and avocado on there too.

Lunch is ready for tomorrow too. I couldn't finish this! I guess my template was bigger than my stomach tonight! ;)

Haha send your sister a picture of ___ insert any weird stuff I had (don't send the stomach, that's hardcore)) and tell her you've just eaten it!

How do you people chop veggies so even. I've noticed perfect mango cut too. Do you have square mangos over there? Please say yes so I won't feel bad :)

Square mangos and mad knife skills :). Actually, I find chopping calming; sometimes I focus on precision to take my mind off of other things going crazy in my life!

Day 24:

I slept great last night but had weird dreams. I dreamt I was on vacation to a warm, sunny island destination. Sounds wonderful, right? Apparently in my dream I went on vacation during my whole30 and was only seeing noncompliant food choices, and was faced with remaining compliant or not. Plus, I was on my vacation with my ex-husband! :o:angry::wacko:

m1: 3 eggs fried, sauteed nappa cabbage with coconut oil and coconut aminos, roasted cubed sweet potato drizzled with homemade almond butter. I admit I had to choke down the cabbage today. Was not loving it.

m2: leftover carne asada salad from last night. Romaine, spinach, meat, olives, tomatoes, avocado. Banana and some almonds too!

m3: steamed shrimp with hot sauce mayo, kale chips

Have I ever told you I don't like Mondays? :blink:

Archived