kb0426 Whole30 Round 2

kb0426

Aw you guys are the BEST! Really, other than kombucha being 2/$5 at the co-op today, you all were the highlight of my day! That sounds so insincere, but I mean it. I thank you for your kindness from the bottom of my healthy heart!

Nadia - the scallops - to DIE for! I am totally going to use the same sauce with shrimp. and I might add feta next time.

I totally stole that move from Derval :).

I will be following up here tomorrow morning and then movin' on over to my post whole30 log. Cya in the after-sphere!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh..seriously girl..when are you going to jump on the homemade booch wagon? 8 cents a glass sista. :0)

Scoby scares me...;)

I actually was asking myself the same question today on the way home! I saw a perfect vessel at Target today. I should have grabbed it! I will do some research and likely jump on the booch wagon after my vacation. I do have to be home to tend it occasionally don't I?

Oh..SCOBY is very cool. I was a nervous nelly at first (ask Robin), but I am getting in the groove. My SCOBY even had a baby which freaked me out (ask Robin), but now I know that is good. It's a fairly hands off process until it's ready to bottle. Then the real fun begins (ask Robin :) ).

Now that I know I like kombucha I am going to buy a scoby and start brewing when I get back form spain - a little summer project :)

Alongside the cress Lily & I planted in eggshells I shall be almost a homesteader :D

DONE!

For the record, I lost (-3) pounds. Yep, I gained 3 pounds. I am not letting that number invalidate how great I feel, how much better my clothes fit, or how much stronger I have gotten.

m1: 3 eggs scrambled with coconut milk, kale salad and 2 slices of BACON!

Clearly time to move over to my post-whole30 log!

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/4606-its-a-new-day-kb0426s-post-whole30/

Now that I know I like kombucha I am going to buy a scoby and start brewing when I get back form spain - a little summer project :)

Yes, little pioneer wife, start brewing, but no need to buy a scoby. It actually works better if you can make your own scoby from a jar of plain booch. (pour jar into larger-mouthed container, cover with cheesecloth, wait until scoby forms. boom.) They don't like being dehydrated.

now, kb, you don't have any excuses, 'cause I've got lots of scoby babies over here as soon as you say the word. I can imagine the looks we would get when I hand it off to you in the skyway some day. :ph34r: Orrr you can buy a bottle of plain GTs and make one yourself. either way :)

Yes, little pioneer wife, start brewing, but no need to buy a scoby. It actually works better if you can make your own scoby from a jar of plain booch. (pour jar into larger-mouthed container, cover with cheesecloth, wait until scoby forms. boom.) They don't like being dehydrated.

now, kb, you don't have any excuses, 'cause I've got lots of scoby babies over here as soon as you say the word. I can imagine the looks we would get when I hand it off to you in the skyway some day. :ph34r: Orrr you can buy a bottle of plain GTs and make one yourself. either way :)

So just pour the dregs of my current shop bought bottle in to a kilner jar?

Archived