Canola Oil

Thank you for sharing! I still have half a bottle left over in the pantry. I am on Day 26 right now and am planning on going home today and just throwing out the canola oil and left over prepackaged salad dressings in the fridge (with their HFCS and other stuff). I can't imagine going back to eating that stuff now.

Is it possible that the 100% removal of canola oil, and then after the whole 30 sticking to compliant foods yet lapsing (at the whole foods hot bar, they prepare some foods with canola) that it would send my body into a reaction? I have had a few occurrences of nauseousness, a pit in my stomach (as in the food is not digesting) and body aches/fatigue. I have never had allergies or problems (that i am aware of) with any types of foods- however as I track my eating/ feeling bad days I am suspect there is a correlation with foods from the hot food bar.

after reading the link you posted and a few other articles, i am tempted to take the information to my local whole foods and see if they will discontinue cooking foods with canola oil that they put out on the hot food bar.

As nasty as the stuff is, it's unlikely that canola, or any of the industrial seed oils, would cause a reaction. SOME people are very sensitive to foods, and anything slight inflammatory will set off a reaction, but most of us are not like that.

Canola is not forbidden during your W30, not because we think it's a good choice, but because it is near impossible to get away from it, and we want people to succeed.

If the only time you had this stuff was very occasionally when you're out at a restaurant or grabbing something fast from Whole Foods, go for it...don't get super neurotic about it! We're trying to forge healthier food habits, not unhealthy ones!

Archived