Hi! Day 5 and going strong!

KDRogers

I started the Whole30 last Wednesday after a little reading and a quick run to the grocery store. I am looking forward to less achey joints, mental clarity, higher energy levels, and, oh yeah,weight loss :)

I did download the IT STARTS WITH FOOD book on my iPad and am really enjoying the "sciency-stuff" LOL

I have been amazed at the level of my hunger or should I say my non-hunger. I eat a meal and am perfectly satisfied for 4 plus hours.

Hope at some point the rest of the people in my household will get on board (hubby with pre-diabetes and blood pressure issues, mom with fibromyalgia, 15 yr old VERY ATHLETIC son). Pretty sure my son will be the easiest "sell".

Anywho...can't wait for the continuation of this journey!

Congrats! I have had joint pain for a long time. It sometimes scared me how crippled I might be in retirement. Day 12 something felt different, but it wasn't until Day 13 that I figured it out--I didn't hurt! I was afraid it was only temporary, but now, Day 26, I am still pain free. My right leg was so bad that, when I got up from sitting, I would hobble for 6-7 steps before I got my leg under me. The things I was feeding my body were making me old before my time. I feel 10 years younger, or more, on this diet.

OK! that is good to hear Maryann! I can't wait to feel NO joint pain (today is day 8 and getting out of bed this morning, putting my feet on the floor, i feel different... maybe that's it!) I'm 45 and have been feeling OLD (no #'s LOL... just old). this whole30 has definitely improved that already....

KD,

I love hearing how quickly folks notice changes in their bodies! It speaks to the grand design of our bodies and how willing they are to heal when given the right environment! I believe what you are noticing is a decrease in systemic inflammation. That's a very good thing!

Keep up the good work!

Archived