Kat13

Severe chest pain...

On day 21 and thinking about getting off. My chest hurst SO bad. I'm wondering if it's all the meat? Has anyone felt this way before? I've had chronic chest pain for over 5 years. They can find nothing medically wrong with me other than acid reflux and anxiety. I have felt like meat has hurt my chest in the past, but also don't want to ruin my whole30! I know it can take longer for your body to reset, but the pain is getting unbearable. Any advice of feedback would be much appreciative!

Many vegetarians lose the ability to properly digest meat and need to take something like Now Foods Super Enzymes for a while as their bodies adjust. If you have only eaten meat periodically, you may not be digesting it fully and that could cause a variety of symptoms. I am not familiar with chest pains as a symptom, but it fits the overall situation you are reporting. Digestive enzymes won't hurt and they may be radically helpful.

Chest pains are definitely a symptom of reflux and GERD. One other thing in additon to these enzymes which might help you is a good wedge pillow to sleep on at night. When I started to use this, I no longer had to take PPIs to control reflux (though it's still a problem that I am hoping will heal now). One I like is MedSlant:

http://www.sears.com/medslant-wedge-pillow-for-acid-reflux-doctor-recommended-patented/p-SPM6837336908

10 minutes ago, The Czechsperience said:

I'm not a vegetarian (now or before), but I have cheat pain too, like somebody slowly and forcefully pushing a baseball into my chest.

You may want to visit a doctor for this... that is not a normal reaction to eating meat, veggies and fat and very possibly has nothing to do with your diet... please see a medical professional.

6 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

You may want to visit a doctor for this... that is not a normal reaction to eating meat, veggies and fat and very possibly has nothing to do with your diet... please see a medical professional.

Thank you!

When someone is having chest pain they need immediate medical attention. Otherwise they could suffer permanent heart damage, or die. Please, please be safe.

I'm sorry, I'm too anxious to read the entire thread and I'm not explaining good and I'm not a medical professional. I don't know what to say or how to help--YOU NEED IMMEDATE MEDICAL ATTENTION. I don't want you to be harmed! You need immediate emergency medical attention, chest pain can be a heart attack. It can be an emergency. It needs immediate medical attention. Even if it passed, that doesn't mean it is okay. It still needs immediate medical attention. I don't want people to be harmed. I'm sorry I don't know much of anything about this, I'm not a doctor and I'm too worried about it to research better or explain better. PLEASE PLEASE take all possible precautions, get immediate medical attention, be safe. 

PLEASE PLEASE BE SAFE.