Thanks again for all the birthday wishes, it gives me a warm n fuzzy.

Day 10:

Meal 1: ground beef with turmeric, cinnamon and garlic, butternut squash with coconut oil and aminos

Meal 2: leftover ground beef reheated with baby kale sautéed in coconut oil

Meal 3: 2 or so tbsp of coconut butter, dried strawberries

Meal 4: tilapia with a crust of chopped celery leaves, finely shredded carrot and dried spinach poached, sweet potatoes roasted with a drizzle of olive oil, the remaining almond butter (ate about 1/3 of a jar of the stuff between yesterday's feast and today, I'm a little puffed up but feel satisfied and good. Wearing clothing that is comfortable and drapey that camouflages my midsection and emphasizes my chest ;)

Drinks: nothing but WATER

BM: like clockwork

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy birthday, Moluv! Sounds like you had a great day and have had a a very successful AIP experience. I've been catching up on your entries, and you've reached a really good place, I think. :)

P.S. Your meals are so inventive! Makes me realize I need to wake my meals up.

Happy birthday, Moluv! Sounds like you had a great day and have had a a very successful AIP experience. I've been catching up on your entries, and you've reached a really good place, I think. :)

P.S. Your meals are so inventive! Makes me realize I need to wake my meals up.

Thank you for saying "inventive" I often feel like a broken record with the ground meat all the time :)

Agree with Mary. Crusted tilapia sounds very cool. Goes to my cooking list.

Loved the post about your day with your birthday and friends.

The crusted tilapia would be fabulous as a fish taco in a lettuce leaf with avocado cream and salsa

Day 11:

Meal 1: leftover beef from yesterday sautéed with baby kale and red onions

Meal 2: can of tuna, 1/2 avocado, celery, 1/2 yam, seasonings

Meal 3: raisins and coconut butter

Meal 4: ground lamb, 1/2 yam, ghee, coconut butter

Drinks: nothing but water

BM: yup

Day 12:

Has not wanted to stop eating nuts so technically I'm not following AIP as written at the moment. I'm still W30 and counting days and I know I'll get bored of the nuts soon enough and go AIP for the homestretch. That said...

Meal 1: tiny mini - ground lamb, sweet pot

Meal 2: smoked sardines, sweet pot (it's grocery day, I'm out of veg)

Meal 3: larabar + coconut water + cashew butter

Meal 4: sweet potato chips (uh, what can I say!) and slow cooker ribs with widow maker hotsauce

After dinner (and my post) last night I delved into the cashew butter jar with enthusiasm and abandon. That stuff is just. So. Good. Now I have had very unpleasant experiences post nuts. And from everything I've read on the forum (and my own beliefs) is that nutbutters are to be feared and loathed for their super tasty addictive nature. I am avoiding nuts as much as possible as part of the AIP, but I am starting to wonder if it is eggs that are the most problematic. Besides feeling really full (and looking full) I didn't have a reaction. I had a little stomach cramping this morning but that was relieve as soon as I passed the most enormous poop of all time. So I think my digestion is working faster too. And I'm not worried about the extra fat or calories because I don't think body fat fluctuates as a result of each and every meal you eat- big picture. I'm accepting the fact that when I start eating nutbutters I'm going to eat until satisfied and that is going to give me a lot more fiber and calories than meat and veggies and sometimes IM GOING TO BE OK WITH THAT CHOICE. For the most part though, the irritant free way of the AIP is my safety zone, my go-to method of feeding myself with jaunts into the big bad world of irritants (nuts, coffee, nightshades) when it is really warranted. My go to breakfast used to be coffee with cream, eggs, peppers, tomatoes, avocado. Kind of a lot of irritants in there. So this is a vast improvement. I'm a little bummed that I couldn't rock the Whole 30 days of just AIP but I think I would need to be sicker to be that motivated. Still goig W30 strong though!

All this compliancy had my inner rebel-child ready for a fight. Once I was all hopped up on cashew butter rebel-child pounced. This may be the end of the w30 journey for me, I am pretty sure psychologically the rules are starting to do more harm than good. Eating AIP makes me feel the best, and I will continue that as my basis for eating. I think I'll start a PostW30 log, unless I can't do that because I didn't actually finish. Not sure the protocol but I do like writing my food down on the Internet. What do you guys think?

I don't think anyone would mind, it's all about promoting better health after all. I know what you mean about the rules doing your head in... I find it so much easier now following what I eat and what I don't eat... Rather than what I can't eat. Good luck!

I am give a gluten cross reactivity trial a go...AIP doesn't work for me, doesn't match well with what I can and can't have... My issues all seem to be with foods that are known to be recognised by some immune systems as gluten like... Coffee, cocoa, tapioca, milk, corn etc

Day 13 turned Day 0:

Meal 1: mug of ginger beef bone broth, seared yellowfin tuna, greens

Meal 2: a boatload of cashew butter and a latte

Meal 3: lamb, sweet pot and greens, larabar

Meal 4: leftover meal 3 which I had barely touched because I was high as a kite on caffeine and sugar and barely has an appetite, though found room for the larabar, big shocker there, also made a whiskey sour with some wild crafted sourwood honey from a friends farm in Tennessee- I've been saving it for months :) worth it.

BM: so much poo, so much. The nuts. The coffee.

General mood- somewhat productive day though I did feel more scattered and stressed. My husband is out of town so it's hard to tell if I'm just a frazzled mama or feeling stressed the way I always used to. Kind of think its the latter. And so I really want to get my happy calm focused self back- he travels A LOT for the next 6 months and I need to be my absolute best, not stress eating nuts and coffee and alcohol which just cause more...stress. Ugh. What to do what to do.

I vowed to be as loving and gentle on myself during this time of less than optimal food choices. No use making myself feel bad because a self that is feeling cut-down and unloved will not feel worthy of the good choices. I know tomorrow will be a day filled with the best choices and 9:30 am power yoga is an instant reset button.

Thanks for the support as I figure out my next step with W30.

Didn't feel as bad post coffee/nut intake as I have in the past so I really feel like the AIP (sloppy as it was) has really allowed for some healing of my gut. I feel fantastic about the whole thing. I will start a Post-W30 log tonight and post back here with the link.

Great name! Looking forward to reading your adventures in Afterglow land. I think this is the right call for you now. Sounds like all those Day 0s were really getting counterproductive. Oy! The cortisol!

Archived