Sugar monster - okay to distract?

NMG

I'm not officially doing the W30 (I have this thing that once I define the rules, I break them, Heh.) but I'm attempting to break the sugar habit.

Although not ideal, is it acceptable to stuff my face overeat allowed w30 foods? I'm making a conscious effort to stick to good, balanced meals but sometimes a second small helping takes the edge off the cravings for now.

I'm of the opinion, it's always better to be eating good food than crap. It's nourishing your body which is a lot better for it than sugar. It can take a while to sort out just how much we need to eat at each meal. The meal template http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf helps but if I was still hungry I'd far rather have a second helping of good food than something sugary

Have you tried drinking tea instead? I'm also struggling with overeating allowed foods and trying out a cup of tea as a way of distracting my taste buds without overeating...

then again "a second small helping" is NOT stuffing your face! Maybe you're just still hungry.

Are you still eating wheat or dairy? Consuming artificial sweeteners or alcohol? Eating a lot of fruit? Any or all of those things can keep your sugar cravings alive, despite your best efforts to resist.

Well. By "second small helping" I may mean "finish off whatever's in the pan"!

No grainsin general, I was having a bit of milk in coffee but haven't had that or fruits in the house for 2 days. But if I get snack-y then the easiest things are either more black coffee (not great for me) or carrots/pickles/random vegetables - none of which really hit the spot.

Incidentally, Polish soured cucumbers are worth a try ;)

I'd try not to snack and just eat meals on the higher side of the guidelines (2 palms protein and a whole avocado worth of fat).

You'll get cravings for a week or two, but they'll gradually go away. Trying to fill the sugar craving with something else just made it worse for me. Also, when I was still full from the large, awesome meal I'd eaten earlier, it was easy to discern cravings from real hunger.

Archived