Starting 4/1 whos in?

Sciuga

I am starting monday april first. I have been planning this for about a month. I am over ready, onlything stopping me was some stuff i had going on and the. Easter of course. I am 110% in monday. Cant wait

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting on April 1st. I completed my first Whole30 in February and it was amazing!! The Sugar Dragon got the best of me after about 2 weeks off it and I now have headaches again, not sleeping well and just feel - let's say "not good" (add other adjectives at will :) )

I'm not sure this is a good time to do this, I have a LOT of changes happening in my life but I also feel like this is JUST what I need to get through them. So, no more excuses I am starting again with you all April 1st.

I have a few friends that may be starting as well, I will invite them to this forum and maybe they can join us in sharing their experiences along the way. Wish you all the best of luck and believe me when I say that you can do this if I can....I felt amazing after 2 weeks....more than amazing! (Mind, body and spirit)

Have a great day and if anyone has any questions, let me know, I tell you what worked for me and help any way I can.

Dawn

I am up for joining the group and starting April 1st! I am in the same boat as Dawn and completed my first Whole30 the same time as her. The sugar dragon is evil and I need to get rid of it again! I felt great during my Whole30 and I want to get there again. It will be great to support each other and like Dawn, I can let you guys know what worked for me as well. If you are dedicated, it can be done and it is not hard once you get the hang of it! Good luck and looking forward to checking in with everyone on April 1st! :D

I'm starting 4/1, too.

I made it for twelve days last month but then fell off the wagon (stupid alcohol). I felt great and was sleeping like a rock. Now I feel lousy. That should tell me something.

Soooo, time to climb back in!

-Nicole

I am hoping to start, however I just decided today that I want to do it and am reading up on it now and trying to plan some meals. I haven't read the book either yet, is that a must? Not sure I want to spend the $39 and the library has a waiting list :( I really want to do it, my relationship with food is sooo unhealthy, i'm either awesome on a diet or binging like crazy.

Becky, I downloaded the internet version as it was loads cheaper than the actual book and I didn't want to wait for the book to arrive and the libraries here don't carry it.

The book has loads of useful information and cuts out a lot of confusion that you may have from just reading the forums.

I'm starting on April 1st and am really excited, but nervous too! I decided to do it about 2 weeks ago, and wanted to start right away, but I was on vacation the first half of this week, and then with Easter coming up, I just didn't think it was realistic. I finished reading the book, and have the shopping list printed out to take with me tomorrow to Whole Foods. I am planning on doing some cooking on Saturday for the week...it's nice because I've been off this week and had time to prepare myself, and my home. I live alone, so I don't have to worry about feeding anyone except for myself. My goal is to break my craving for sweets, especially at night. I wake up in the morning not hungry AT ALL, which I now know means that I'm all out of whack. Can't wait to see if I can change my relationship with food!

my name is Teresa and I am starting April first as well.

My dad just died early this month-and I saw what the SAD did to his health at the end- prostate cancer and then bladder cancer and heart bypass, and ultimately CHF(congestive heart failure) He never ate properly until it was too late, He rarely excercised. He drank alcohol daily. He finally just faded away, frail and weak and ANGRY at how his body failed him.

I don't want to go that way.

I don't drink alcohol-never did.

But my junk food diet needs an overhaul.

I need a fresh start.- what better way than making MY body healthier and stronger?

I am really stoked. Black coffee....I can stomach it.

it's the bread I will miss. and the ice cream... and the cookies. LOL

Just went shopping and spent $200 at Whole Foods! I did go all organic and bought the most humanely raised meats, etc. Some things I won't have to buy often, like the $18 Ghee!!! I also realized that I won't be eating out or getting take out much, if at all, so that makes me feel a bit better about the high cost of organic foods. My pantry and refrigerator are ready to go!

I plan on starting on April 1st. I generally eat paleo about 90% of the time, as I enjoy the occasional martini and have difficulties finding sugar free bacon in my city. I'm sure I'll be fine but am anticipating some bacon withdrawal.

I am hoping to start, however I just decided today that I want to do it and am reading up on it now and trying to plan some meals. I haven't read the book either yet, is that a must? Not sure I want to spend the $39 and the library has a waiting list :( I really want to do it, my relationship with food is sooo unhealthy, i'm either awesome on a diet or binging like crazy.

can you get the ebook-$9.99 I think-I just finished reading it!

This will be my first time, and Monday, April Fools, is my day! Over two years ago, I was diagnosed with several food allergies - gluten, eggs, dairy, soy and chicken are the big ones. I used to have chronic fatigue and don't really have that anymore but feel like I've hit a plateau, am not making enough of the best choices and am feeling completely spent by end of day. So I'm ready for a change. Breakfast and planning should be my biggest challenges. Good luck, everyone!

I am starting April 1st also! I follow a primal/paleo diet about 90% of the time and I just need a jump start and help to kick my sugar in my coffee habit!

The whole lack of stevia is a lil scary! Not to mention.....i was under the impression caffiene was out??

I'm starting 4/1, too.

I made it for twelve days last month but then fell off the wagon (stupid alcohol). I felt great and was sleeping like a rock. Now I feel lousy. That should tell me something.

Soooo, time to climb back in!

-Nicole

yes, my friends all have the worst dietary habits on the planet! and alcohol is at the BASE of their food pyramid! lol They told me I was nuts (and they are already used to the lower carb/primal way of eating i've been on for years!) We will have to have some serious heart to hearts and strong will power!

I too am starting tomorrow. I've read, re read and read some more the website and am starting on the book...My kitchen is kinda already there but i figured I would go ahead and jump in hard core.....though giving up my stevia in my coffee scares me!!

Well first i like to thank you all for jumping on my post. It is my first whole30 but i have been about 75-85% paleo for a little bit now. Hardest part for me is lunches without bread. I know their are tons of options but working construction and not always having time to make lunch kills me. I will have to start prepping the night before or taking leftovers from dinner.

Please continue to follow me, as i would love to help you through this great challenge as well. Feel free to friend me if you would like. Otherwise good luck all as tomorrow is the big day !!!

Archived