Starting 4/1 whos in?

Sciuga

Ah! Been planning on doing this for about 3 weeks now, and along with the rest of you, tomorrow is DAY 1 :D I'm a little too excited because the last two weeks (college spring break the first week and just getting back into old, awful habits this last week) have been absolutely horrendous as far as diet and fitness are concerned. I also started Crossfit a little over a month ago, so I'm hoping to be feeling tip top at the end of this first month of Whole30 with combining the two factors.

Signed up on here today and purchased the Kindle edition of It Starts with Food. Good luck everyone, and have fun! I'll be checking on this board for encouragement throughout the month <3

-Ashley

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting April 1 as well. I need a 30 day reset! My husband is going to join me on this adventure :D!

2 bulged discs in my low back have kept me from my running addiction for 6 months. This lead to some emotional and excessive sugar/carb eating. Ready to take control back from the "sugar Dragon" and get back to my usual happy, healthy, active self.

@Theresa - caffeine is not out for the W30...I think they just want you to keep it under control, and early enough in the day that it doesn't mess with your sleep. You can do a search on caffeine in the "Can I have" forum.

I am starting April 1st as well! I did my first Whole30 in February (successfully!), but have spent the entire month of March back-sliding into old habits. I have somehow managed not to gain any weight back, but my sugar dragon is back and meaner than ever! Glad to see so many people starting at the same time!!

I'm also starting tomorrow. I have a 15 month old and have 15 pounds to still lose, i've realized I needed to change my own eating when I started to feed my son solid foods. The food i'm feeding him are the same as the rest of the family eats and i"m ashamed at it all. I want us all to eat clean and to eat natural foods.

i'm a little hesitant because we are having a large party at our house next saturday, all the food will be so tempting. i'm almost thinkign to changing my start date to next monday and use this week as a prep/prepare week. Thoughts?

I am starting tomorrow on my second Whole30 and this time I have a group of people joining me. I held two presentations at our village center and people are on board. I is going to be fun to see them all work it with me. I have a trip to Mexico to get ready for. :) My menu planning system was a huge help so far.

Well, I guess I'll jump in here too-starting my first W30 tomorrow also. I have NEVER done anything like this but I really want to break an addiction to breads and other whole grain products. I have major carb addiction and have been toying with the paleo diet recently but am having a hard time leaving go of the paleo-ified treats and bread alternatives.

Also, I have a husband that's a bad diabetic that REALLY needs to break a major carb addiction and get off the sofa! He craves carbs and his diabetes is getting worse and worse. I couldn't get him on board this time but my hope is that he sees me becoming healthier and an increase in energy and that he will want to give it a try at some point.

Anyway, I generally do not participate in any type of "social media" but I have a feeling I will enjoy and need the support of someone who's been there, done that. I'm really pretty nervous about making it through an entire month with no dairy-I love raw milk and yogurt and cheese. I'm actually more worried about the lack of dairy than I am the bread! And I have cut my coffee consumption from 2 to 1 cup a day but I am really going to miss my raw cream in it! And I'm still trying to acquire a taste for coconut so I think I'll take me coffee straight. :wacko:

Good luck everyone starting tomorrow!

Hi!

I was on a whole 60. until last week.

I got to day 50 and had a sugar crash week ago. I was going strong but broke some fingers while running :wacko: Anyway i turned to chocolate to comfort me and it has been a week long binge. a bad, bad binge. of course the sugar lead to cookies, pasta, dairy, alcohol.....more chocolate...

So here i go again. The support from these forums is awesome.

Good luck to us all!

Michele

I am starting - have started - today, too. Having just finished reading the ebook version of It Starts With Food (I live in Germany, so that´s much easier than buying the "real" version) I am exited to eat Good Foods now. My family (husband and two teenagers) are not on board (so far), so changing the way I cook will be even more "interesting". Can´t wait for the experience, and good luck to all of you!

I think coconut aminos is a compliant substitute for soy sauce. Have never used it. Someone correct me if I am wrong!

I am jumping into the April Whole30 group too, I did a January Whole30, loved it, and now I feel it is time to do another one.

I eat Paleo 90% of the time and off Whole30 I am more relaxed about things like cooking oil, smoked salmon that might have sugar in it, snacking on fruit alone etc etc.

I have learned a lot from end of Jan to now about how sugar, alcohol, and grains affect me. I am still breastfeeding my 10 month old but this time I am going to be much stricter about not snacking, fruit in moderation, and ensuring every meal has adequate protein and fat. I am sure theres more to learn!

I love this!

I'M IN! I've been inconsistently, meaning a few days on, one or two off, one or two on... eating the way I should, following the Whole30 program. However, this being said, I've never cut out condiments with sugars in them. I'm looking forward to staying on track, consistent with my meals. Primal Pacs will be my go to, I just know it. They are whole30 approved and delicious!! I'm excited, and anticipate nothing but greatness!! Good job to everyone else, this being day 1, I've got a feeling over the next several days, we'll become friends, and eachothers cheerleaders!! CHEERZZ to happy, healthy lifestyles.

Teresa - I am sorry for your loss. Eating healthy for yourself will make you feel so much better and truly this is a great way to change your lifestyle. I was amazed how different and great I felt after 30 days and I'm SO excited to start today!!

Michelle was right my Sugar Dragon got a strong hold of me again and I was waking up with headaches and not sleeping through the night again, very happy to be back. Michelle, SOOOOO glad you are jumping aboard again too, can't wait to see how THIS will make us feel (x 2) YIPPEE!

Rose - You can make ghee by taking Kerry Gold butter and cooking it in a saucepan until the milk and water and "stuff" floats to the top and eventually dissipates, then pour of the "clear" butter and leave all those gritty solids for the garage. The clarified butter left is ghee and you can use it for any cooking on the Whole30 as well as coconut oil, sometimes I use a combo of both. YUM! I leave the clarified butter in a canning jar on my counter top and use it in mashed sweet potatoes, to saute veggies or whatever else tastes yummy with butter.

If you all like soy sauce on foods or stir frys, get Cocount Aminos (Whole Foods) carries it, it's very good!

I will try and shares some recipes when I have time.

Good luck to all, HAPPY FIRST DAY OF YOUR WHOLE 30!!!!!

Please give it 100% and see how you feel, I think you will be very very pleased

Dawn

I'm also starting tomorrow. I have a 15 month old and have 15 pounds to still lose, i've realized I needed to change my own eating when I started to feed my son solid foods. The food i'm feeding him are the same as the rest of the family eats and i"m ashamed at it all. I want us all to eat clean and to eat natural foods.

i'm a little hesitant because we are having a large party at our house next saturday, all the food will be so tempting. i'm almost thinkign to changing my start date to next monday and use this week as a prep/prepare week. Thoughts?

My comment is start anyway....you will ALWAYS find something coming up but if you really feel you have an open schedule 30 days after that then wait....

I catered 2 parties my first Whole30 and ate raw veggies and fruit - I should've brought other food but I didn't....there was AMAZING food there let alone I had to make a lot of it, that was hard. But....I froze a couple things from the party so I could eat them after my Whole30 and when I defrosted them and tried them.....YUCK, one bite and threw it away.....it's not always what it's cracked up to be :)

BEST of luck! Let us know what you decided and jump aboard anytime!

I'm in! I'm on Day 3. I've gotten to Day 15 twice before (October, March) but never completed a Whole 30. This is it! In March I used this forum and I found it great to be in it with others, the experience was way better than going it alone in October. I'm excited to get started again in April.

Hi all!

My name is Meg (mbasten) and I am starting TODAY, April 1st. I did some prep stuff at home yesterday like making the salad dressing and the mayo from the book. I have my meals planned for the next 3 days but that is as far as I got. I bought mostly organic but already had some non-organic chicken in the freezer and I didn't want to waste it!

Good luck to everyone. I am having some coffee at my desk right now (black) but it won't be my usual 48 oz per day :)

I will be checking in here regularly! I've heard really good things from the people who have done this before.

I plan on going to Bikram yoga later today. Is that too aggressive for Day 1?

Archived