Starting 4/1 whos in?

Sciuga

This will be my first go round at the Whole30 thing. I'm doing it because I was recently diagnosed with pcos, and after some research it looks like this may help with some of the symptoms. So, we'll give it a go. I've been researching and meal planning and goal setting for the last week or so, I downloaded the book to my kindle but haven't started reading it yet (plan on today). I think I'm ready.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had Meal 1 of Day 1! I prepped over the weekend and cooked stuff for the week, so today I heated up the sweet potato hash I'd maded (recipe in ISWF) with ground turkey, and ate it with a fried egg. I am NOT a cook, but it was delicious! Heading off to work now. Hope everyone has a great day!

Started today after debating for about a month. I'm looking forward to it actually. I already struggled after breakfast. I ate three eggs, grilled asparagus, 1/2 avocado and two strawberries. Sounds pretty good, right? I was hungry after an hour! Any suggestions?

Mitch-I was also hungry after eating the same thing I eat for breakfast every day. It usually keeps me full until lunch, but I think today, food was so much on my mind, I was hungry. Hoping tomorrow will be easier!

Is anyone interested in being my accountability buddy? This is my 2nd attempt at a whole 30. I failed my first attempt after about 10 days. I signed up for the daily newsletter but when the sugar cravings kick it, I'll need all the help I can get!

Got off to a bit of a rough start this morning - I went to a concert last night and stayed out way past my bedtime.

Luckily I cooked all weekend so my meals for the next 2 days are tasty and quick and easy to assemble. I have no excuse to make bad food choices.

Hiya! I know there is a "can I have _____?" board, but I am being too lazy bones to go over to that one...Question for y'all. For dessert tonight, I took a banana and cut it lengthwise and sprinkled it with cinnamon. Then put it in the skillet with coconut oil...is this okay?? I feel like it is, but I'm so paranoid I'm going to screw something up! Hahaha any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance :D

-Ashley

I am starting for the first time today and a bit nervous. I work a lot, travel, and have many events coming up but I feel like I need this new change for my life. I don't really eat breakfast so that will be a challenge for sure

I would say your banana treat is ok.

How did all my new friends do today? Day 1 was a success for me. A little rough as i didnt fully prepare my meals for early in the day but still got it. And lack of sleep had me in a rough spot early also. I passed the first test.

How about you?

Day 1 pretty solid for me! BUT Tonight's a late night pediatrics study session for me, so I got some black coffee here at the library...Mentioned it to a friend who is pretty versed in the ways of Whole30 and was informed that you're not supposed to drink your black coffee past midday apparently :( I guess that's not a total fail, just something they don't recommend..right?? Gosh, so much to remember.

Got through Day 1 and feel pretty good. I ate breakfast at 11, lunch at 230 and dinner at 830. I felt a little hungry at 430, but it passed. I was hungry for dinner, but not starving. The weird things is that now, at 945, I'm hungry. HOWEVER, I'm wondering if it's true hunger, because this is my binge/snack time of day. I had Italian chili (no beans), an avocado, asparagus and some berries for dinner...seems like enough food. I may have an herbal tea just to satisfy my need for...something. Just happy that I got through the day! Last night I had a dream that I forgot to bring my W30 lunch to work, and another that 2 friends came by to surprise me by cooking dinner for me...and it was all stuff I couldn't have!!!

Hiya! I know there is a "can I have _____?" board, but I am being too lazy bones to go over to that one...Question for y'all. For dessert tonight, I took a banana and cut it lengthwise and sprinkled it with cinnamon. Then put it in the skillet with coconut oil...is this okay?? I feel like it is, but I'm so paranoid I'm going to screw something up! Hahaha any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance :D

-Ashley

The Whole30 discourages "treats" that you substitute for dessert. Yes, everything is Whole30 approved but I believe they consider it SWYPO (sex with your pants on). Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Teresa - I am sorry for your loss. Eating healthy for yourself will make you feel so much better and truly this is a great way to change your lifestyle. I was amazed how different and great I felt after 30 days and I'm SO excited to start today!!

Michelle was right my Sugar Dragon got a strong hold of me again and I was waking up with headaches and not sleeping through the night again, very happy to be back. Michelle, SOOOOO glad you are jumping aboard again too, can't wait to see how THIS will make us feel (x 2) YIPPEE!

Rose - You can make ghee by taking Kerry Gold butter and cooking it in a saucepan until the milk and water and "stuff" floats to the top and eventually dissipates, then pour of the "clear" butter and leave all those gritty solids for the garage. The clarified butter left is ghee and you can use it for any cooking on the Whole30 as well as coconut oil, sometimes I use a combo of both. YUM! I leave the clarified butter in a canning jar on my counter top and use it in mashed sweet potatoes, to saute veggies or whatever else tastes yummy with butter.

If you all like soy sauce on foods or stir frys, get Cocount Aminos (Whole Foods) carries it, it's very good!

I will try and shares some recipes when I have time.

Good luck to all, HAPPY FIRST DAY OF YOUR WHOLE 30!!!!!

Please give it 100% and see how you feel, I think you will be very very pleased

Dawn

Yay Dawn!!! So happy I am back to doing this as well. Funny how a month off created some bad habits of snacking again. At least I didn't wake up with a headache and hopefully no weird food craving dreams! You make your own ghee???? I guess I am too lazy and just bought a jar yesterday. It is AMAZING! How did I miss this our first Whole30???

The Whole30 discourages "treats" that you substitute for dessert. Yes, everything is Whole30 approved but I believe they consider it SWYPO (sex with your pants on). Someone correct me if I am wrong.

HAHA! Love it! And thanks for the clarification! :D I am going to start reading the book tomorrow after this exam...maybe then I won't have so many questions. I feel like a total mess.

Thanks again!

HAHA! Love it! And thanks for the clarification! :D I am going to start reading the book tomorrow after this exam...maybe then I won't have so many questions. I feel like a total mess.

Thanks again!

No problem! I felt like a total mess my first time around. There is a lot of useful info on here if you have time to read through it. You sound busy though! I am free to help out best I can but definitely NOT an expert! :)

Archived