Starting 4/1 whos in?

Sciuga

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings!! Day 2 is here!! My day #1 was success! Breakfast at 7am: primal pac, (if you've not tried them, please try!! they are delish and whole 30 approved) and some melon, lunch at 1115: wild caught sardines in water (LOVE THEM!!) and a salad of broccoli, tomatoe and carrots, sprinkled with balsalmic vinegar, and early dinner at 345: portebello cap with kale and bacon satueed with apple cider vinegar! I had a nice 16 oz of water with lemon and fresh ginger and cayenne too. no workout, but 100% clean and on point! I get up at 430 am, work 6-3, so...these are pretty similar to my regular eating schedule. here's to another successful, primal day! cheerzz!!

Sluggishness is normal for the first week or so (different for everyone) power thru it.... the other side is worth it!!

Healthy fat and protein are your friend, use them to get thru hunger and cravings!! Also add sweet potatoes and squashes for more energy, I try to eat at least one of those every day...

Remember 30 days, that's it.....see how you feel.....then tell me what you think....I felt amazing after about 2 weeks - there were still some spots of carvings and discouragement but if you get through those few minutes you'll be ok. Have a plan for when they come....get an avocado with tomato & cucumber & black olives with salt pepper and a splash of balsamic, YUMMY grilled chicken breast with that - so good

Keep up the good work all!!

Day 2 here we come!!!!!!!!!

Hello Day 4! Yesterday I was hungry all afternoon and I'm chalking it up to the banana I had at lunch, for some reason I always get hungry quickly when I eat bananas. I'll be staying off of them for the rest of this journey. I am sleeping really well and starting to feel better but my run yesterday morning was less than stellar. I'm heading off to bootcamp this morning, hopefully I'll have more energy than yesterday. Hope everyone has a successful day!

Hope everyone's Day 1 and start to Day 2 have gone well! We did well, but went to Whole Foods for coconut milk--I found organic, sugar free--but it has carrageenan in it. Any recommendations on where to find CM without it?

Greetings!! Day 2 is here!! My day #1 was success! Breakfast at 7am: primal pac, (if you've not tried them, please try!! they are delish and whole 30 approved) and some melon, lunch at 1115: wild caught sardines in water (LOVE THEM!!) and a salad of broccoli, tomatoe and carrots, sprinkled with balsalmic vinegar, and early dinner at 345: portebello cap with kale and bacon satueed with apple cider vinegar! I had a nice 16 oz of water with lemon and fresh ginger and cayenne too. no workout, but 100% clean and on point! I get up at 430 am, work 6-3, so...these are pretty similar to my regular eating schedule. here's to another successful, primal day! cheerzz!!

Where/how do I check this "Primal Pac" out?

found it online, should've looked first, thanks!

@Theresa - caffeine is not out for the W30...I think they just want you to keep it under control, and early enough in the day that it doesn't mess with your sleep. You can do a search on caffeine in the "Can I have" forum.

Thanks! No, i'm not giving up the coffee! lol...that would be an EPIC fail lol...I was very concerned about the stevia/davinci's etc that usually goes in my BP coffee...but I gotta say, on day 2 and it isn't bad... :)

I hope everyone has an excellent day #2! I went grocery shopping yesterday afternoon and cleaned out my condiments in my fridge (peppers, mustards, etc) OMG i was appalled and saddened by all the chemicals in EVERYTHING that I just wasn't paying attention to! And I've been a pretty clean eater for years! My parents refer to me as the food police (they use a different term! lol) because i won't touch processed anything...but I'm really trying to pay attention to the chemical stuff that gets added into otherwise what appears to be clean foods! Spices are even a scary isle if you aren't reading labels! I do wish whole foods would hurry up and open here so i can have at least a little bit better selection! :) Our "health food" store is smaller than my house....and it is TINY! ;)

Hallo everyone!

This is really a great thread; I enjoy reading the entries and suggestions a lot! I am almost through Day 2 (it´s 6:15 pm here), and so far it seems to have gone well. Yesterday I downloaded the "Nom Nom Paleo" App and had "Avocado Toad in the Hole" for breakfast, which was absolutely delicious (it only worked because I have a day off today; on a regular hectic weekday morning it would take too much time). Chicken with Spinach and chopped tomatoes and almonds for lunch; the kids ate it, too, but wanted to have some brown rice on the side. So far, so good.

I have found all these wonderful websites with amazing Whole30 approved foods (including e.g. Primal Pacs), but they do not ship to Germany Too bad. :-(. In addidtion to that, I seem unable to find sausages or bacon without added sugar. As online shopping does not seem to work, I will probably just have to continue hunting,

I bought sweet potatoes for the first time in my life and am looking forward to preparing them. Found organic coconut oil and coconut flakes in the health food store, but no coconut aminos and no paleo fish sauce, either. Oh, well.

Here´s another question: if you eat fatty fish like mackerell or salmon as your protein, do you still have to add a fat to your meal or is there enough fat in the fish already? And would it be possible to give a more precise amount for nuts to eat as a fat in each meal -like 1 oz. / 30 gr.? I love nuts and they give me something to crunch on, (instead of cookies), but I know I have to go easy on them as I need to lose weight. Thanks for your help!

Have a great day, everyone, and hang in there!

Hi everyone!

I started yesterday, and so far so good :) Yesterday I had a ham and brocolli frittata for breakfast, spicy shrimp, grilled onions, cherry tomatos and avocado for lunch and slow cooked pork shoulder and salad (with homemade citrus viniagrette) for dinner. It was all so very yummy!

On Sunday I cleaned out my fridge and pantry and donated three boxes of contraband to a friend.. I felt kind of bad giving him things that I won't eat heh ;) And last night I gave the last of my icky oils to another friend. So, with the exception of some condiments and a big bag of rice for my roommate, my house is mostly free of bad things to tempt me :) I'm glad my roommate agreed to chip in on the food bill in exchange for me feeding him some of my dinners, otherwise I'd have a fridgeful of stuff I can't eat there reminding me that I can't eat it all the time! For me, I think the trick to success will be to focus on what I *can* have instead of what I can't.

I have a low-grade headache today, presumably from the cupcakes and wine I had on Sunday at my self-inflicted "Goodbye, Bad Stuff!" party ;) Today what I really miss is milk.

Is anyone interested in being my accountability buddy? This is my 2nd attempt at a whole 30. I failed my first attempt after about 10 days. I signed up for the daily newsletter but when the sugar cravings kick it, I'll need all the help I can get!

I'll be your accountability buddy! I need to be accountable as well. This is my first time doing Whole30. This is Day 2. I haven't messed up, but I do NOT feel well. I'm sure it's the detoxification. The book says that you might feel "flu-like" in the beginning. I'm sure all of the gummy butterflies and chocolate I ate on Sunday did not help my cause in kicking off the Whole 30 on Monday, 4/1!

I'll be your accountability buddy! I need to be accountable as well. This is my first time doing Whole30. This is Day 2. I haven't messed up, but I do NOT feel well. I'm sure it's the detoxification. The book says that you might feel "flu-like" in the beginning. I'm sure all of the gummy butterflies and chocolate I ate on Sunday did not help my cause in kicking off the Whole 30 on Monday, 4/1!

I'd love to be your accountability buddy, too, Meg and Stefr817, if that's okay. We will probably need all the support we'll get. And I hope you'll feel netter soon, Meg. Maybe you can have an early night and catch some sleep? Good luck! :-)

Hope everyone's Day 1 and start to Day 2 have gone well! We did well, but went to Whole Foods for coconut milk--I found organic, sugar free--but it has carrageenan in it. Any recommendations on where to find CM without it?

Sounds like you might be looking at the coconut milk "drink" in cardboard cartons. Head to the Asian Foods section and get the canned coco milk. Some brands have guar gum or sulfites or something...but those are OK. Also skip the 'light' version, it's just watered down.

I'd love to be your accountability buddy, too, Meg and Stefr817, if that's okay. We will probably need all the support we'll get. And I hope you'll feel netter soon, Meg. Maybe you can have an early night and catch some sleep? Good luck! :-)

Hi! I started yesterday as well, although I was completely unprepared. Can't stand black coffee so been two days without and WOW I am evil. Since I was unprepared, I'm HUNGRY. Yes, all caps hungry. But, I was determined to start. Hopefully can get to the supermarket tonight to pick up some compliant foods.

Going from 0% paleo to Whole 30 - not going to be easy. But, I think I deserve the effort.

Day two is completed in about an hr for me. Just ate dinner an hr ago and wrapping up the night.

Today i got foggy early afternoon. Partially from late lunch and im sure the rest is from the body kicking back and saying "i want to eat ___(fill in the fav food you cant eat)".

Still kinda head in the fog, but im kicking through it and tomorrow im going to buy sweet potatoes in hope of the boost i need.

How was your day? Any struggles? And slip ups? Be honest we are here to help

I too found myself foggy mid-afternoon, but I think that was due to the fact that I stayed up a bit later than I wanted to studying for that exam (passed with flying colors! yay!) and then we were in classes today from 9am until 4:45...I wouldn't say necessarily tired, just bored and tired of being inside all day when it was a beautiful 70 degrees outside. Today was pretty good. I stuck with what I knew was safe...eggs, fresh fruits, raw cauliflower, chicken cooked in coconut oil w/ mccormick's Mediterranean seasoning (No MSG or anything forbidden I'm pretty sure)...That stuff is a life saver! It's good on chicken and swai, a DELICIOUS huge cut of fish...Dinner/post crossfit meal was fish and baked sweet potato slices (sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon and cracked sea salt)...Overall, pretty awesome and busy day :)

BUT!! I did find this out today. And don't worry, I spit it out as soon as I caught wind of this. You can't chew gum. I'm sure a lot of you know this, but I'm a total newbie and didn't even THINK about not chewing gum...I've had maybe 3 pieces of orbit gum Day 1 and 2....I don't think this is grounds for a "start over"...but still. At least now I know! Good luck with Day 3 y'all!! <3

I found Thai Kitchen coconut milk at Whole Foods...I read on the pantry list that you can download from the website that Thai Kitchen or Whole Foods 365 brand is ok. I got the Thai Kitchen brand...it comes in a red and black can.

For those who can't find coconut aminos, I ordered it on Amazon. Whole Foods was out, and I didn't know where else to look. I'm excited for it to arrive so that I can try some new recipes. I have to say it's the only thing I haven't been able to find at Whole Foods. I did well with my Day 2, but have a bad headache now, which started when I got home from work at around 7. This is the 2nd night in a row that I've felt hungry after dinner, yet I don't feel hungry at any other point during the day. It's true stomach pain hunger, but I'm wondering if it's because this is the time when I like to snack. I will do like I did last night and make a chamomile tea. Trying to totally avoid snacking, so know fruit or nuts now...I could easily eat my whole bag of cashews right now!

I am going to mix up the order in which I eat things tomorrow (even though I will be eating the same 3 meals because they're what I have prepared for the week, and I'm not sick of them yet!) My favorite meal is the sweet potato hash I made with a fried egg. I like being really excited about my dinner, whereas I don't care too much about breakfast and lunch. I've been eating the has and egg for breakfast, but tomorrow it will be dinner. Hoping the carbs in the sweet potato will help with the after dinner hunger.

Good luck tomorrow! We can do this!!

Worst headache ever!! Think this may be due to eating dinner quite late: had a night class after work, decided to wait until after class to eat.I won't make that mistake again.

On a happier note, I've never minded drinking black coffee but coconut milk in coffee is awesome.

Archived