Any Vegan/Veg heads currently doing this?

backtoback

i am vegan and i am gonna give this a go. i haveve read all the negative junk about how veganism isn't actually a healthy diet and i don't buy it. i have been vegan for 10 years and have more energy than i did when i was in high school. i am looking to see if anyone vegans/vegetarians are currently doing this and have some cool recipe ideas to go along with and maybe keep track of our progress through here.

thanks!

also please refrain from trying to convince me to eat "just a little bit of meat/eggs" blah blah blah...this is an moral decision for me to be vegan i am only looking for assistance and positive reinforcement, not passive aggressive criticism like i have seen on some other threads. thank you in advance.

Hi, Welcome. I'm not a vegan now, though I was for several years. You will find absolutely no criticism from me about the vegan lifestyle. I'm sorry I've got no assistance I can give but I do really look forward to hearing how you get on. I've got friends who are vegan and I'd love to be able to show them this can be done without compromising their values. I wish you all the best with it and please keep us posted how you get on.

Hi, Welcome. I'm not a vegan now, though I was for several years. You will find absolutely no criticism from me about the vegan lifestyle. I'm sorry I've got no assistance I can give but I do really look forward to hearing how you get on. I've got friends who are vegan and I'd love to be able to show them this can be done without compromising their values. I wish you all the best with it and please keep us posted how you get on.

thank you! i will be starting tomorrow so i'll try and keep this updated every few days.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It is gratifying to read these posts.  I have been vegan on and off, but really have recently settled on eating fish and eggs and lots and lots of greens, veggies, fruits, seeds, and nuts.  I'm doing the whole30 to get myself OFF of dairy, grains, and sweeteners.  ( I rarely drink alcohol).  

I would love to hear more from other vegetarians and vegans about this approach to nutrition.  My efforts to be a raw vegan or a mostly raw vegan proved to be something I couldn't stick to.  It is possible that I couldn't really stick this type of vegan diet due to being too overweight - I need to lose about 30 lbs.  I'm not convinced that a mostly cooked vegan diet is ultimately beneficial, and I have an open mind about eating fish and eggs, and don't have ethical concerns about eating same.  I do have concerns about eating mammals and birds.  

I certainly do not judge anyone for their choices, just as I wouldn't appreciate such treatment myself.  I just want to find what works best for myself, what works for others, and to learn more about how nutrition plays a role in the best quality of life I can afford.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm vegan on day 16 and carefully tracking my protein intake of approx40gms a day. When I started I was only managing 10gms, no wonder I felt so bad. I do crossfit 5 times a week and pole dance so, 40gms is my minimum. I cant believe how much better I feel for doing this and as a life long dieter I've finally got into the groove of food as fuel and this really works for me. I've been smashing the workouts ( after the first week) and can't wait to re-test my baseline workout on 28/6.

Im eating ALOT of green leafy veg ( its winter here so I make a big batch of green soup)& salad plus tempeh (1 cup =30g) lentils (198gms = 18 gms protien) these are soaked and prepared properly and tofu (1 cup =20gms). cashews, walnuts and pumpkin seeds plus chia and flax seeds.( which I tend not consider as incidental protien, I only really count the tofu etc any thing else is a bonus. I tend to eat the same most days and both myself and my coaches notice the difference when I eat correctly!(Ive been struggeling to eat this weekend and my times were appauling yesterday). I never thought my body was that responsive to food but it is. I also eat the same so I can / could tell what is making the difference in my training. IF I'm under alot I take a protien shake but thats very rare.

Archived