Anyone have a drop in sex drive?

Bellamay

Yup. It dropped WAY down during my first Whole30. It came back a couple of months later, but I remember being quite concerned about it at the time.

I've read a bit about low-carb paleo being bad news for women's sex drives, so make sure that you're getting enough starch in your diet. In fact, I still notice a drop in sex drive if I don't consume enough foods like beets, sweet potatoes and squash (I need at LEAST one fist-sized serving of one of these daily). Otherwise, hang in there - this is an emotional and hormonal roller coaster for most of us and your body needs time to heal and re-set. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

My husband and I are on day 17 and we love the program....EXCEPT, we both are lacking sexual desire. This is very unusual for us, and concerning. We are planning to transition from the Whole 30 into a paleo diet. Is this going to continue to be a problem? We were hoping it was just a phase of the program. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh whew - thought I might be the only paleo contrarian! No libido at all for the first 24 days of whole30 - yep, I was counting! - but it came back and all is well :)

First. I am glad I am not the only one... it is only day 6 for me on my first Whole 30.. so maybe it'll  come back once my energy is back up. 

Second,. I am so glad you are saying it will come back! I hope it doesn't take 24 days.. but if it does at least i know it will come at some point. :) 

Sometimes that drop in libido can just be a mental block too.  For us, we found it difficult to get started because we were always so used to having a drink to unwind and relax.  I find that on the Whole30 your mind is so clear and energy is up that it takes some getting used to.  So we discussed it and decided to just give it a try and after that initial time, we had no problem, right back into the swing of things and better than ever!

Archived