latte anyone?

nana

My tiny baby size hands can hold about 1/4 cup, so maybe it's not so much? Closed handful = serving, right?

I am anti nut so I probably go way overboard on small portion size. :) I feel like my closed handful would only be 2-3 Tbs. No nuts in the house so I cant test my theory.

Testing with pistachios right now because I neeeeeed to, lol.

I got 1/3c into my open hand. However, I think this approach may be slightly obsessive for me. I hate the idea of measuring anything Jtandi - you're fine

Lol..I so would be doing the same thing. I actually just looked around my kitchen for something that would work. Toyed with using peppercorns. Then I closed my hand and peeked in. I so hope no one has installed a nanny cam. ;0)

Tamara - as the "milk" is just water + nuts finely blended, we consider it along the same lines (though there's less fat, I suppose). We ask you to limit nuts because they're calorie dense (you don't get much bang for your buck) and can be high in potentially inflammatory fats. None of that really changes when you blend them with water. Since we don't include a liquid portion size, we just talk about nuts and nut milks together.

hm kb I might try that. I've never made whipped coconut milk, does it hold for more than a day? or do you just take a little out and whip it each day (I'm assuming you keep a can in the fridge)?

Lol..I so would be doing the same thing. I actually just looked around my kitchen for something that would work. Toyed with using peppercorns. Then I closed my hand and peeked in. I so hope no one has installed a nanny cam. ;0)

I have been really curious about this. I have some of the smallest hands ever to be used in climbing and feel as though I could hold about three nuts in my closed fist. On the other hand, I can sort of fit my fist in there.

Hazelnut milk does sound amazing. I'd drink about half a cup of coffee, so I could use less milk. Now, I need to get out there and find some vanilla! I know the book uses it in a recipe, but I haven't found alcohol-free vanilla yet. Pods, maybe, if not. :)

Archived