Easter with the family

MichaelKC

My issue with Easter is that my family isn't being really considerate with the whole30. I had to twist an arm just to be able to make the deviled eggs, with fresh mayo, and to be able to sauté brusselsprouts and asperages. Beyond that, there's nothing. I've joked about cooking an Easter hamburger patty but that's looking more like a reality. Any suggestions for anything I can seriously make for myself without feeling left out?

Your up late too?? I put a pork butt in the crock pot to have pulled pork when my family has ham. Not sure you can get one this late. I also plan to have sweet potatoes plain and maybe some cauliflower mashed potatoes too. If you have too make the hamburger and enjoy your family and forget about the food. Hope I can do it too! Filled all the easter baskets tonight with no taste of candy....must be a first for me :P

Good luck

• Moderators

I put a frozen round roast in the slow cooker before going to Easter sunrise service. I baked sweet potatoes Saturday afternoon - I like them cold. I have greens to wilt and turnips and carrots to roast in the refrigerator. There is bone broth in the refrigerator. I'm good.

I'm taking all of my own food to Easter dinner. Meatballs with pomegranate glaze and twice baked sweet potatoes. My husbands family tries to accommodate us and they are rock solid at making sure they don't ruin the veggies with margarine or a spice mix with gluten, but still, I don't rely on them to make a meal safe enough for all of my restrictions so I just bring stuff and always make sure to compliment the meal and table setting whether or not I'm eating their food or mine. So far, no one seems to mind. Good luck to you today- it's a bummer when those closest to you aren't as understanding or accommodating as you'd like.

Archived