On day 23 of my whole30, some old demons caught up with me and a lot of dried fruit turned into, lots of nuts then two bowls of muesli with skimmed milk, granola and feelings of failure. I told my whole30 confidante and started again the next day. I am proud that i started again straight away as my problems have meant days and days of bed and bingeing not even that long ago. But i can't shake this feeling of failure and dishonesty to whole30. i know i am just doing this for myself, and i dont have to 'report' to anyone, but its this weird feeling and i dont know how to shake it. I'm so incredibly proud of the progress i had made on the whole30 as i went 23 days binge free, whereas for the past year i have barely made 10 days without sabotaging myself.

Would appreciate any words of motivation or encouragement. Maybe i'm just having a weird one, but its not a nice feeling when i know (logically) that i'm doing fine. (currently day 5 of my restarted whole30)

Thanks!

Sarah, you are doing more than fine - you are doing freakin awesome!. Keep telling yourself how wonderful you are and how brilliantly you've done. You did 23 days of clean healthy eating - that's a tremendous achievement, even without having had any issues beforehand.

And you want to know the very best part - you've jumped right back in again. You didn't use it as an excuse to throw in the towel, you picked yourself up, dusted yourself down and carried on. You should feel really, really proud of yourself for that. For what it's worth day 23 is horrible for a lot of people. I prowled the house desperately looking for something sweet on day 23 of my first W30.

We're all human, we all make mistakes - it's how we learn. the following was posted at New Year on one of my favourite author's blogs. I think it's worth repeating here

“I hope that in this year to come you make mistakes.

Because if you make mistakes then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself , changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before and more importantly you're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us and for myself. Make New Mistakes, Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough or it isn't perfect; whatever it is art, or love, or work, or family, or life

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever†- Neil Gaiman

So you go girl! i wish you all the very best - you are doing awesome - never forget it.

Well before you could only go ten days.... Now twenty three! That's over doubling your results!!! I'd be pretty darn proud.... Congrats ...

You made your own personal best and that is a major success ...... Right back on the horse.... Major success!

Well done....

For some of us ( me included) 30 days is just a starting point.... This is a long process to correct a lifetime of bad and unhealthy habits, but the longer you live the lifestyle the easier it gets......

I used to live for " cheat days". Not I actually see skull and cross bones poisin in my head thinking about certain unhealthy choices as they make me feel so poorly if I choose to eat them!!!!

You could have lied to your whole30 confidante. You could have closeted your binge. But you didn't! Confession is good for the soul :).

Now, let it go! You did an amazing thing picking up where you left off. Celebrate all the successes that I read here!

There is an exercise I like to do when I am feeling down on myself. Pretend a friend is coming to you with this issue. Read what you wrote above. What advice would you give that friend? That is the same advice you should give yourself.

I say bravo to you!

Archived