Skin reactions

The last few days of The Whole 30 I began having some buring sensations around my eyes, and on my arms. ( this is before my reactions to bread yesterday). A few red spots have come up now again - they don't itch or burn.

The "yellow tree of death" as we call it, is blooming wildly here in Az. I do have some season allergies to most plants and grasses in Az. I am wondering if it is a timing issue of plants or my body still detoxing.

I do take allergy medication, but haven't really needed it since starting the whole 30. I am trying to really track and see if food AND pollen are reacting with each other. There have been times that I should have taken it due to itchy years and congestion, but haven't.

Any thoughts?

I had buring sesnsations on my skin.. and patches of red bump, but not near the burning parts of skin. Buring was on upper arms, bumpers were on wrists and top of hands.

I am wondering since my body isn't fighting reactions to the food anylong due the detox aspect, if it reacting to the pollen more so.

I start my very first Whole 30 tomorrow (!) and have been clearing out all non compliant foods and vitamins.

One quick question, I'm currently taking Isotretinoin / Accutane for my skin and the generic I'm taking (Myorisan) contains soy bean oil, vegetable oil and other ingredients with names I can't pronounce. This is my last month of treatment and I'm wondering whether to keep taking the meds or abandon them and hope whole 30 clears up my skin problems..

Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm am currently on Day 5 of my Whole 30... and the last three days I have been itching like crazy (it seems to get worse later in the day)... There's no redness or bumps, just some really frustrating itching and my underarms seem to be the worst!! (which is awesome because if I walk around scratching them I look like a monkey!). Anyone else experience this? Any remedies? Last night I finally took some Benadryl to see if it would help around 1:30 am because I was tired of laying there being miserable... I'm thinking maybe a detox bath!?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm am currently on Day 5 of my Whole 30... and the last three days I have been itching like crazy (it seems to get worse later in the day)... There's no redness or bumps, just some really frustrating itching and my underarms seem to be the worst!! (which is awesome because if I walk around scratching them I look like a monkey!). Anyone else experience this? Any remedies? Last night I finally took some Benadryl to see if it would help around 1:30 am because I was tired of laying there being miserable... I'm thinking maybe a detox bath!?

This may be candida die-off symptoms flaring up...I get this and apply coconut oil to the affected areas several times a day...coconut is a natural anti-fungal. Avoid fruit, vinegar (except apple cider vinegar), starchy vegetables, mushrooms and caffeine for a week and see if it helps. I also switched to Aveeno Sensitive Skin shave cream & I now make my own deodorant from 50/50 baking soda & cornstarch (can use arrowroot powder instead) & add in enough coconut oil to make a paste. The baking soda & coconut oil are antibacterial & the cornstarch keeps it from being caustic & irritating your skin. I apply it in the morning and at night...it's not an antiperspirant, but your body is sweating to remove toxins so clogging those pores with antiperspirant isn't doing you any favors anyway. I actually sweat less though since I've started using my own. If you're miserable, continue taking an allergy pill (I was using Zyrtec, but my dr. switched me to Singulair & it seems much more effective), and you can apply a hydrocortisone cream as well. Epsom salt baths are great for detoxing your body, too.

Archived