confused with the menu, please help

I have not read the book, however I've read the quick info pdf's and such.

I am used to measuring and weighing my food and I'm having issues wrapping my head around the meals.

Would one pepper with 4 oz of ground beef and 3 eggs and a nectarine be a proper meal for breakfast?

Shrimp fried in coconut oil with seasoning and 1 avocado with lemon, with banana be good for lunch?

Sauted steak with 1 liquefied pepper and garlic with a 1/2 cucumber for dinner?

How do others drink their coffee and tea without sugar/honey/sweetener?

Besides water, I plan on drinking coconut water.

I'm in school so easy and fast is better. I am hoping to cook my breakfast and lunch tonight.

Thanks

Hello!

You may want to make sure you get your hands on a copy of the book--it will make things easier to understand. You may want to limit fruit, and make sure it isn't pushing veggies off of your plate. What I usually do is I will have 3 eggs for breakfast--hard boiled, poached or scrambled in ghee or coconut oil with at least 2 cups of veg. Lunch is usually left overs or a BIG salad--and this weekend I am going to be making Mason Jar Salads--you can find a few links here or search on line. Again, protein of one sort or another, and a min of 2 cups of veg. Dinner is usually a protein and veg, again 2 cups veg min. Like, for dinner tonight, I did pork loin and steamed brussel sprouts, parsnips and carrots.

I drink my coffee black, and I use coconut (canned) milk in my tea. I also drink a lot of water with lemon juice and kombucha cut with soda water--usually 3 oz kombucha and then topped off to the top of the glass with the soda water.

Make sure you are getting enough veg, and with being in school I highly recommend doing cook-ups and making sure you have things prepped and ready to go and perhaps invest in a crock pot if you don't have a slow cooker yet.

Spin and Susan got it. Remember that you don't really have to measure. Your measures are your palm, your thumb, and your plate. You can start with one palm of protein and one thumb of fat and the rest of your plate full of veggies. If you get hungry before your next meal, increase it a little at the next meal. You'll have a better handle on your hunger pretty quickly, but make sure you eat enough. And, feel free to add small servings of fruit on the side or in dishes like salads and stir-fries as long as you feel as though your sugar dragon is not a problem.

And, I totally second the kombucha and buying the book.

Spin and Susan got it. Remember that you don't really have to measure. Your measures are your palm, your thumb, and your plate. You can start with one palm of protein and one thumb of fat and the rest of your plate full of veggies. If you get hungry before your next meal, increase it a little at the next meal. You'll have a better handle on your hunger pretty quickly, but make sure you eat enough. And, feel free to add small servings of fruit on the side or in dishes like salads and stir-fries as long as you feel as though your sugar dragon is not a problem.

And, I totally second the kombucha and buying the book.

This is totally freakin' brilliant.

Archived