Happy Ever After 100 Days of Awesome

A bunch of us started a whole100 at the start of the year. We learnt a lot about ourselves and each other and want to continue the friendship and support through our reintro or post whole100 or 60 or what ever we got to.

I started before Christmas so am officially done!

How does it feel to be post 100? Good! I have committed to avoid sugar as long as I can. It will be interesting to see how that goes! I wont be re-introduciing dairy or legumes, I was already off those for good. I used to drink about 2-4 glasses of wine a month and expect that to resume. My trial of wine last night for dinner made me so tired this morning I think it will be easy to keep to alcohol for special occasions.

Today was interesting. After the wine last night, I woke up in desperate need of coffee to get me going but I have learnt that that would make it harder rather than easier to recover so I didnt succumb. Later on I was looking for a drink other than water and green tea and cocoa and the light bulb said hey, you can have juice again now so I thought that would actually be nice and I did have some but diluted 50% with water so it wasnt too sweet. And this arvo I broke into a packet of plain potato chips (sunflower oil) which I bought specifically a few days ago to have as a post whole100 treat when I felt like it.... didnt take me long to feel like it!!!! So I am curious to see how tomorrow goes but at the moment even though on the one hand it seems like I have dived head first into off-roading, I feel these are pretty minor transgressions (wine/chips/juice) that have satisfied me and not awoken any cravings or further plans for offroading.

And in a house full of chocolate, I am really happy that I am not struggling to avoid wanting chocolate.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So today I continued sussing out how life after whole100 feels.

We stopped at McDonald's to use up some award vouchers that were expiring... And I wasn't even a tiny bit tempted, not even by one fry, phew! Then went food shopping and thought briefly about buying some more potato chips to stash in the cupboard for when I feel like off roading, and some nuts for a treat then thought better of it. Another tick. Did buy a few fresh dates though.

Then since its been non stop chocolate shop around here the last few days I thought I would test my proposition that I can in fact live without grains and sugar without feeling deprived, so I made an egg muffin with dried fruit, and chocolate (cocoa with coconut oil and dried fruit) both of which turned out well, were satisfying, and were made and eaten in small amounts without creating any feelings of guilt or triggering cravings or a drive to make again in a hurry. Life is looking good!

Not long now for my friends to come join me... Had a good few days except coffee is creeping in. So far I seem to be handling it due to no nuts? Digestion and sleep and exercise have all been pretty good.

I had some popcorn about four days ago and happy to not really notice any effect and also happy that it didn't turn into a pattern.

Today I had my first sugar treat..... Cassava chips that contained 8% sugar. Sweet but not too sweet and a bit salty and crunchy, definitely food without brakes and I ate too many but not the whole packet and I can resist buying again... I sort of had them as part of an emergency lunch so could have been worse!

It's Day 100, so technically I guess I shouldn't be posting here until tomorrow, but I wanted to drop in and say Hi! LOVE the name you chose for the page, Justine.

Day 101 shouldn't look too much different than Day 100, except I will try a little bit of raw, organic honey in my coffee. There isn't much I plan to reintro. They fall into three categories:

1) Food without brakes--cheese, potato chips, wine. I may not overdo them in any one sitting, but they tend to creep back into my diet far more often than I plan. Once or twice a month treats become once or twice a week treats. Better to leave them alone for now.

2) Foods I have no interest in--legumes, most dairy other than cream for my coffee or parmesan cheese, white potatoes, desserts.

3) Foods I will not reintroduce because of health concerns--any Monsanto GMO grains. Roundup kills weeds by being absorbed through the leaves and stems and killing from within on a cellular level, and GMO corn and wheat is designed NOT to die from such exposure. They are still absorbing the toxins, just not succumbing to it. How much poison is therefore still contained in the cells of the plant? I don't think we know, and I don't think they'll tell us. It could be years before the link to ill health is revealed. Meanwhile, anyone eating grain is part of a huge science experiment.

Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter in this journey, even if it mostly consists of not being so vigilant in restaurants or at the homes of others.

Off to the gym! I still have to consciously make the decision to go and plan the time. Looking forward to the day it becomes a habit, part of the routine of my life. That's the next goal.

Happy Day 100 to all my other ladies!

Greetings, Centurians! Hope all is well. I put some raw organic honey in my coffee this morning. Just the tip of a spoon's worth, but it is still very noticeable Funny how eliminating sugar makes you so sensitive to even a little. After previous W30s I've reintroed Splenda, but I think I'm off the chemicals for good now. Why did I think that a man-made concoction of chemicals was somehow 'better' for me than a natural sugar? Granted, no sugar is 'healthy', but at least there is some trace nutrition in raw honey, and since I don't have a sugar dragon, it shouldn't make much difference overall. I was always the kid who wanted a second helping of dinner instead of dessert.

Shelley, hope all goes well at the doctor. You are both in my thoughts.

YAY!!! holy crap, right? so far today is a normal day but I've had milk in my coffee. unfortunately my tummy is rumbling a bit right now. dairy is one thing I was sure was totally fine for me. we're having burgers tonight for dinner and mine will have cheese and maybe my eggs tomorrow. maybe some fresh mozzarella with tomatoes...

thx Juzbo! I had some more milk today, got some goat cheese,cheddar, and fresh mozzarella so I'm set for a couple days test. I feel bloated already but I'm also wondering how much of it is my paranoia about gaining weight, etc. I posted another thread with stats and pics. at WF I picked up some dark chocolate with sea salt and caramel candy bars...I got two bars and one is 1/2 gone. there will be no more buying of chocolate for me. I will eat what I got but I need to come on here and be really honest about it. I actually will finish the first tonight and maybe have hubby eat the other. I did want to have something special and I don't drink, so having a glass of wine ain't happening! but afterthe chocolate I got a little headache and again, tummy is feeling a little rumbly...aye ve! I'm not even considering the ice cream anymore.

Finished day 101. After the drs appointment in Miami my husband wanted to go out to a nice dinner. This happens so rarely now and so it's just fortuitous that today is day 101! Reintro day. The restaurant was fantastic. We shared a beet and heirloom tomato salad with just a smidgen of Gorgonzola on it. Then I had wood grilled zucchini with anchovy butter and -- get this-- pork belly with a side of Kim chee. Omigd-- it was fantastic. And just the right potion. And so we had a glass of the most unbelievable wine--Starlite Vineyards Sonoma County Viognier. I never heard of it but --oh wow. But interestingly, I couldn't finish the glass. We passed on some amazing sounding desserts.

I wish I could say any of this did not agree with me-- I think that would make my choices easier. But I felt great.

I have decided--100 percent compliant at home and at not-worth-going-to restaurants that I have to go to mostly related to work. But this restaurant was truly worth the glass of wine and the tiny bit of dairy.

So this morning I had a tad of honey in my coffee. I had my usual breakfast around 6 am--bacon and egg casserole with hot sauce and half an avocado. That usually holds me very well until lunch, which can be anywhere from 12 to 2 pm. I was hungry by 10! Don't know if it was the sugar, or a coincidence. I will continue this experiment tomorrow. If it happens again, I will back off the honey for a day or two to see if the hunger goes away. If so, sugar might have to be a once in a great while thing. Living hunger-free just feels too good. I'm not willing to give it up for a little flavor in my coffee.

Jess-- your family is gorgeous!

MaryAnn-- I'm not sure if you can see my friends but if not friend Anne Gregory Teicher-- rescue lady supreme!! I want to adopt every dog I see.

I hope Amy drops by soon.

Day 102! W30 compliant day for me.

Shelly - I still see their pics, and I still see yours as you and your husband on a boat.

today for me will be continuation of my cheese reintroduction. I actually feel totally fine today. yesterday's rumbles amounted to nothing and were, if anything, less than the bloat I feel from too much fat (if I eat a whole avocado I get bloated and some stomach issues). I made burgers last night with a huge slice of cheddar cheese. it was fantastic. that being said, I will continue today and tomorrow and see how I feel, then be strict Sunday-Wednesday before another re-introduction, there is always the possibility I am not noticing a change that will be more apparent during those 4 days. or, I may be totally lactose tolerant, which was my experience last time I did an elimination/reintroduction diet.

totally funny - I got home yesterday and told my husband I had some chocolate (still struggling with not feeling super guilty/bad about it...) and his response? "how come you didn't wait for me to have it?!" totally confirmed my experience that we shared a huge bond over eating unhealthy food. oddly enough, with the struggles our relationship had during the start of this whole100 we seem to be getting along better than ever right now...(that was said quietly so as not to attract the universe's humor to throw us into some big fights)

Great to hear Jess about your better bonding...

I have reverted my pic..... takes awhile to refresh sometimes... I like to maintain anonyminity.... jee thats a difficult word LOL.

Todays revelation:

I am potentially realising that I am naturally much heavier eating this way. I dont feel like I eat too much. Its possible I dont digest the fat well due to no gall bladder. But its also quite possible I was offsetting higher weight gain from my previous way of eating with the intolerances causing irritable bowel... I would really like to eat this way and be thinner. But I dont want to diet anymore. And when I eat this way all my blood work stays normal so I do think its the only healthy way for me to eat. My hormone levels are still readjusting after a couple of years of problems so that might be having an effect (cellulite has appeared on my thighs :( ). Maybe I am one of those people that need months of eating this way for my body to reach the right equilibrium. I feel like I am going the right way if thats the case since I am eating three meals and not having binges or overeating sprees. I dont really feel like I can eat less and I dont feel like I can exercise more.... so unless its something easy like reducing fruit and sweet potatoes a bit or cutting out coffee (neither of which I want to do just yet) I will just go with the flow and see what happens. NOT going to see what the scales say though I dont want to be defined by that number!

end rant

Archived