Happy Ever After 100 Days of Awesome

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a lighter note... or perhaps TMI note.... my body no longer digests sweet corn..... went straight through.... bleuch

I just wandered over to see how you guys are doing (without me) and there is poor juz dealing with corn farts. Corn is icky. They use it to fatten livestock. Bleck.

morning all! I had a pretty good day yesterday. back to being compliant + cheese. I really haven't noticed any change in my digestion with the cheese, so I will continue today and then take it out a couple days to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I was SO short tempered and irritable, much more than normal yesterday. possibility? the one candy bar I ate on Thursday. it's the only thing I can think of. I was pretty tired feeling, too. pretty crazy. I am wondering if there is a possible connection with the cheese...I hope not. anyone have any experience with cheese effecting mood?

today back at work. I am actually looking forward to a day of "rest". I also did CF 4 times this week, I normally only do 3, and I went three days in a row (W, Th, F) which I think is contributing to my fatigue.

SUSAN - when are you here permanently?

how are the rest of you doing? hope Amy and Karen come on soon to check in, too!

In reality (cuz hostess is out of biz) I will happily have rice with my sushi. The sweet Japanese woman who has been making me riceless rolls is SO not going to understand this switch.

I was figuring you had some stashed somewhere. I understand they are so full of preservatives that twinkies and cockroaches will be the only things to survive a nuclear holocaust.

I was figuring you had some stashed somewhere. I understand they are so full of preservatives that twinkies and cockroaches will be the only things to survive a nuclear holocaust.

Omg...asking my brother. He is the sneaky dickens of the family. :)

Congrats to everyone! Just checking in here - I'm in a different cycle than you folks are now, since I'm eating Whole30 compliant until May 18 (that will be sixty days this go-round). Things are going well and I'm finding that the longer I prioritize ME this way, the more my life changes. I had no idea how drastically my entire life would change. It's really stunning - at the moment somewhat overwhelming. Like, as in, I just realized that it's time for me to go house-hunting and purchase my first home as a single person. I've been renting for a year and a half, and before that, my ex and I shared our marital home (he on one side, I on the other) for four years. That's unusual, I know, but we split up because we discovered we both want wives, not because we disliked each other. That said, I'm finally finding the courage to actually settle down on my own. WOW. I can't imagine doing this without a foundation of improving health underneath it.

None of that has directly to do with Whole30, Whole100, or WholeAnyLengthOfTime, except that it does - this way of eating has changed my life. Every aspect of my life has been touched, and I'm finding the courage to do things I couldn't do before, face things I couldn't face before, express myself clearly where before I would have hidden - I've said before that I'm not as much of a fan of ISWF as many people are (not objecting to the content but the tone, unfortunately, puts me off - this is true for me with any self-help-type book though so it's not just ISWF). But the title? It Starts With Food. That could be my life story from now on. Really.

I do Twitter a whole lot more than FaceBook, and I also blog and have a singing website - all listed in my signature below. That said, you folks are welcome to friend me on FB, I'm Amy Horst there.

Congrats again!!

Hi, Amy! I have to tell you, I'm on board with the tomato paste thing. I've been making paleo ketchup, which is rather disappointing, but it does the job. Last night, I wanted a burger but was too lazy to make another batch. Then I remembered what you said about the paste. Awesome! Still not ketchup, but as good or better in its own way as the other. And when I mixed it with mayo...woohoo!

Hi, Amy! I have to tell you, I'm on board with the tomato paste thing. I've been making paleo ketchup, which is rather disappointing, but it does the job. Last night, I wanted a burger but was too lazy to make another batch. Then I remembered what you said about the paste. Awesome! Still not ketchup, but as good or better in its own way as the other. And when I mixed it with mayo...woohoo!

Tomato paste is outasight.

Hi ho! I', a little late to the party but happy to be here!

I've just read through this new thread and I gotta tell you how good it feels to be connected to all of you. Even after only a few days, I've missed you.

First off Amy, I am experiencing the same full life changes as you! It's been incredible.

As far as re-introduction goes, I am highly allergic to grains so that's completely out and in a way, that's a relief for me. I don't binge on them and I don't crave them as long as I don't eat them. I don't do dairy right now. The last time I tried it I found that raw dairy worked really well for me. Cheese doesn't like me at all so I'm not going to go there right now.

I have violent reactions to sugar so when I do add something sweet it will likely be maple syrup.

The only thing I've tried to re-introduce have been legumes. I made curried dal on day 101 and have been eating it every day since and I gotta tell you I have developed the most VILE gas in the world. Ugh. It would be funny if there wasn't this blue cloud following me around!! LOL!

I miss popcorn but the last time I tried that I got really sick so I'm keeping it very basic for now.

Shelley how did your husbands appointment go? You're both in my thoughts.

I haven't been sleeping well. SO much stress in my relationship. Seems like everything is happening at once. I bought some herbs that cam in the mail today so fingers crossed they balance me out and help me sleep through the night.

Sending big hugs!

linda

AMY you are so funny - I hope you and your ex each find an amazing wife.

SO...I don't want to admit this...but I was SO tired yesterday and again today. I think it might be the dairy. I always thought dairy reactions were GI related, but after thinking about it I really think it might be the dairy. I would love to blame it on the candy bar I ate on Thursday, too, which I'm sure didn't help...but...SO I have decided after taking dairy out I will do piece by piece. next will be JUST milk, then out, then JUST cheese...then raw cheese, finally yogurt/keifer. this is assuming that butter is fine.

I went over to a friend's house tonight for dinner, they were grilling (their son had his confirmation today) and it was so bizarre to eat some grilled chicken that I KNOW had to have some kind of spice on it and not freak out and ask a million questions about what it was. they know I'm crazy with my food and they made salmon for me, too, but by the time I got there it was cold and I always eat it with my own sauce anyways. I thought they might think I was even more crazy for bringing it so I didn't. BUT, I walked into the kitchen to get some rice and beans to bring home for my girls and there was some veggie in there...I asked my friend what it was, she told me yuca (?) I had never had it before, asked how it was made (boiled with salt and pepper...that's it) and I was like HEY! I CAN EAT THIS! it was really really good, I've never had it before, I brought some extra home and slathered that with some mayo too. I love my friends, they are from Brazil and sometimes I wonder how much gets lost in translation, but they are like family...in fact my oldest daughter is still there, they live a couple doors down from us so they will walk her home soon.

work today was great after the first several hours. it was almost like my fog lifted about 1/2 way through my shift.

Testing - in honor of the Aries New Moon and lots of new things starting, I've changed my photo (I actually changed to a slightly older one but it's one I really like, I think it reflects how I want to feel most of the time!). I've also changed my signature line, and I started a brand new blog, which I'm really excited about. Small stuff, but big stuff. I started my first blog when I was just beginning to come out. Now that I'm out out out, I decided to start another blog (linking back to the old one which has four years of my life on it) and I've called it Soprano Out: A Lesbian With High Notes. :lol: I had a fun afternoon making it look how I want it to look, and now I get to start posting there. I'm out, baby!!!

Drinking hawthorn berry tea with Natural Calm in it - two different ways of promoting healthy blood pressure. I am walking the dog until she protests, and then walking her some more, every day. So we're both getting into shape. Woot!

Now it's off to read a Joan Hess mystery novel (the Arly Hanks series) and get ready to sleep. Happy Spring, everyone!

It is officially day 101. Phew!! I don't really bother with reintroductions because this was my 5th W something in almost 3 years. I don't get sick from different food groups but I know some foods make me more healthy than others so I pretty much stay 95% compliant and the food has to be very special to off road. I amm going out for sushi tonight and I will have the rice. I may even forgo sneaking in my coconut aminos and have a little soy. I think I will find it very salty. I am really looking forward to the Poke salad. It's my favorite item at this restaurant. I think I could eat it daily.

The big event of the day is I am picking up my grass fed tallow from Fatworks today. I have my shaved brussel sprouts all ready to fry up in it. That and a lamb burger will be lunch. :)

I have a photo shoot today. New head shots and some fun and glam shots too. I may or may not be a little nervous. I'm not sure why, it's just me!! I look like myself all the time anyway. Ha!

About to eat pot roast and snow peas with plenty of broth for breakfast.

I was just thinking about you SUSAN and wondering when you were going to get yer butt over here! YAY! we've all crossed the finish line!

I had some more milk in my coffee (and butter, I do like the bulletproof with real butter) and will have some fresh mozzarella tonight since I pulled out my pasta sauce...so fried eggplant (maybe even some parm in it) with pasta sauce and fresh mozzarella tonight. I'll make some hazelnut milk for the next couple dairy free days and see how it goes. then start with the re-intro next weekend more slowly

we are going up to the city on Tuesday, this will be my first time out for the day while not being strict whole30. I'll do my best without being neurotic. I think it might be easier to just be neurotic since that's what I'm used to now! HAHA!

off to watch my daughter's gymnastics today. she's on pre-team here and her club is having them do a kind of mock competition today. I am super excited. she will be moved over to team in a month or so...which means even more practice...and even more $$$$. right now she practices 3x a week for 2hrs each time, it will change to 3x a week for 3hrs a time. a lot for an 8 year old, and she's one of the oldest! she inspires me, though. every time I'm at CF I think of her (especially when we do toes to bar and I can't even get close. I picture her whipping her legs up there like nothing! STINKER!)

Am I the last one to the finish line? Do we know exactly how many people made it?

Shaved brussel sprouts and shallots cooked in beef tallow...heaven. That and a lamb burger...best lunch ever. Totally having the leftovers for breakfast tomorrow with a fried egg on top..cooked in beef tallow of course. :D

Juzbo--is your body changing even though you are not losing weight? Do your clothes fit different? Maybe it's just a readjustment of muscle/fat?

Interesting point Shelley. I can button skirts that I wouldn't normally be able to, but the winter pants I can normally wear are uncomfortable.. When I do side raises in Pilates I now have extra saggy padding that didnt used to be there. I won't weigh, but my daughter measured me yesterday as she is making me some pyjamas and my waist, hip and butt measurements are a size bigger. I always had lots of muscle so it's not that :(

But now I have good exercise and eating habits, I am going to cut coffee for a week and reduce my food volume for a week and see what happens.... Maybe my digestion is so much better now I don't need to eat so much to get the energy I need

Thanks for your support

Congrats Susan!

I thought of you yesterday as I bought a chuck roast at the grocery store. hehe I made the mistake of putting it in the crock pot at 6:00 p.m. (to finish at 6:00 a.m. cooking on low all night). I kiiind of had a hard-ish time sleeping in the wee hours of the morning because the smell was soooooo gooooooood.

The head shots went great and I could CLEARLY see the effects of Whole30 eating on my body. It was SHOCKING. I have been this current weight most of my adult life, but I'm just so much more defined - and this is without significant exercise until like the past two weeks. It's A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. The photo shoot was really fun. I was nervous but I loved it! Now I get to go try on a gown for an upcoming show. I love weekends, when I get to be a diva. :D

oy ve. the cheese is out of the building. I had a great day today, went out to dinner with the family after my daughter's gymnastics (she was AMAZING!) and just sat and enjoyed the company, they got some frozen yogurt as well. I knew I had planned on eating cheese tonight with my dinner so I didn't want to eat anything while we were out. I still find it totally amazing that I can just go and sit while my family eats out with no problems. even pinkberry - which was my favorite - didn't tempt me tonight. I did stuff 3 dates with goat cheese and threw them under the broiler.

after the cheesy dinner I am feeling the bloat, so it is OUT at least for the rest of the week. I must say I'm actually kind of relieved. strange.

Archived