Coconut Butter

JennT

Has anyone had success in making their own coconut butter?

I tried to make it and instead of coming out smooth it was very course. I spent about 20 mins on it in the food processor. I am wondering if I needed to add more shredded coconut or if there was something that I was leaving out.

All I did was put 1 cup of shredded coconut in a food processor and process while scraping the sides down often.

did you add anything to it? Coconut oil or anything to make it smooth? I am thinking I am missing something... or maybe not enough coconut. Any advise?

Nope, I did not add anything! I did use a whole bag of flakes. Maybe that is the issue?

Nope, I did not add anything! I did use a whole bag of flakes. Maybe that is the issue?

The could be the problem. I only did a cup of coconut. I will have to try the whole bag and see what happens!

I added some coconut oil to mine because I thought it was too dry. That helped, but I think the quality of my coconut flakes kept me from getting great results.

Thanks Tom! I will keep the coconut oil in mind if this next batch comes out course again!

• 1 month later...

It took me about an hour to do it ( I have a super old cuisinart from the 80's that was gifted to me) sometimes you have to let the food processor cool or you risk exploding it. Maybe it's just me though...I pulsed it for a while, then, when I thought I could pulse no more, I kept going. It can be time-consuming, especially with an old blendy thing, but eventually you can make it.

Archived