Just wanted to share my love for TJ's Fresh Salsa

Jennyebn

I have always LOVED Trader Joe's fresh mild salsa. This morning, I put it on my scrambled eggs with some avocado. For lunch, I threw it on my salad as my dressing. It is so yummy and flavorful.

Just wanted to share my love of it with everyone here. :)

Found this online :) Never seen liquid smoke iin Ireland though...or roasted chillis...but I guess I oculd do them with the onion at home.

Trader Joe's Roasted Tomato Salsa

Ingredients

1 lb roasted fresh tomato

1/4 cup tomato juice

2 roasted chilies, any type (spicy or not)

1 small onion, roasted

salt, to taste

1 tablespoon aged dark balsamic vinegar

2 garlic cloves, roasted

1 tablespoon lime juice

1/2 teaspoon sugar

1/4 cup fresh cilantro

1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke

Directions

1 Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and,using the PULSE function, blend salsa to desired consistency. Trader Joe's version is semi-chunky. If it helps, add more tomato juice or water if the salsa is too thick and won't blend.

2 Note that all the amounts for the ingredients are estimated.

3 Serve salsa at room temperature.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so in love with TJ's!! Their salsa is to die for! I bought some today while I picked up some broccoli slaw (amazing) and some more coconut oil. I also found coconut milk there in a can (It was $.89 a can I believe). THe only downside is it is lower in fat as they diluted it with water. I also grabbed some dry roasted cashews (the regular roasted have some kind of oil added) and some macadamia nuts! I can't wait to have some before my workout tomorrow :)

I really wanted to grab some fruit, but I need to work through what I have first.

You guys are making me miss TJs so much!! I have had access to it all of my life until I moved to Utah 5 months ago. I just found out they are coming to Salt Lake City by then end of the year and I cannot wait! I love that they have so many raw nut options, organic veggies for reasonable prices and when I do eat chocolate again, their organic dark chocolate w/almonds is my fave.

• 2 weeks later...

I have always LOVED Trader Joe's fresh mild salsa. This morning, I put it on my scrambled eggs with some avocado. For lunch, I threw it on my salad as my dressing. It is so yummy and flavorful.

Just wanted to share my love of it with everyone here. :)

Ditto! Makes for an easy fajita salad with some sauteed tri-color peppers and steak or chicken.

I actually took an apt. based on it's closeness to a Trader Joes. Now I proudly live in the city where they started! I could not say enough good things about the place.

Is their canned coconut milk good? I hate that it's watered down but any other brand I've tried isn't as good as the 365 brand from Whole Foods.

Has anyone tried their power greens bagged salad? I'm obsessed with it. Baby spinach, kale and chard. ;)

Found this online :) Never seen liquid smoke iin Ireland though...or roasted chillis...

Derval, you said you had chipolte peppers yes? Those are just smoked jalapenos, so while chile (peppers) and jalapeno have a bit of a different flavor, you could get the heat and the smoke from your chipoltes!

Archived