Reintroduction time table for someone with serious back problems.

MattB

My girlfriend and I are on Day 42 and are about to do the reintroduction schedule tomorrow. I have a couple of quick questions though. I had a tumor removed from my spine about 8 years ago and have had terrible back problems ever since. For the past couple of years I've also been dealing with a slipped disc as well. I was not expecting for the Whole 30 to have any significant results for my back problems but after about 3 weeks the inflammation in my spine started to disappear and I've had much more mobility. My core is getting stronger and I'm able to work out more almost every day.

Here's my question. How will I know what is causing the inflammation in my back if it took so long to go away. I'm afraid that if it took the inflammation 3 weeks to go away then it may take just as long to come back. Should I not reintroduce the foods that most likely cause inflammation? What if my back pain has significantly decreased for any number of other reasons?

I just wanted some feedback about what you would do in my place. Right now, I'm planning on slowly reintroducing the foods. Instead of 3 days, I will do 7 on dairy, 7 on grains, etc…

Thanks for your help!

I think your plan is a good one. Take your time. Since your results were quite significant I would want to take maybe 2 weeks for each reintro. However, it may show itself much quicker. Inflamation seems to appear much quicker than it goes away. You will just have to see how it goes. Good luck! :)

• 1 month later...

How did it to for you MattB? I'm getting close to reintroduction time myself. I've not had pain in my neck for a week or so now (for the first time in 15+vyears) and I'm very nervous about reintroducing anything. I'd love to hear how it went for you

Archived