Getting my life back

Day 5 another 9 hours sleep, doing my best to heal quickly :)

M1 some mince and chicken in tomato and zucchini soup, some seeds for fat and some melon

5km walk at lunchtime

M2 turkey mince with veg on spinach, an apple

Pre WO grapes and a beef burger

40 minutes cardio and weights at my gym

M3 steak, avocado, salad, egg, blueberries with lemon and a few raisins

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 7 9 hours sleep, skin is slowly improving, minerals in cocoa and nuts/seeds may be helping? So far it seems the pineapple and orange may have been responsible for inflaming my skin which was set off by gluten and dairy and coffee the week before?
Glands in my neck are still quite swollen though :(
M1 chicken, avocado, carrot, egg, blueberries, seeds.
M2 tuna and salad

Snack of an apple and nuts
M3 steak and vegetables including sweet potato and ghee. Drank a bit too much cocoa and tea today but it kept me away from the chocolate and sesame snaps I found in the cupboard.

Lazy day exercise wise but enjoyed reading a few books.

Here's to a good second week.

It's like riding a bike Amber, you never forget... And since you have good core strength you should have good balance presumably?

Worked mobile today from my beach house at Phillip island.... Most people avoid going into work if they can the day before the Melbourne cup holiday :). I try to roller blade every month or so down there if the weather is good.

Just starting to feel good about the healthy food I am eating and the care I am taking of myself, makes it easier to keep going and also easier to stop thinking about less important things like weight loss!

Ahh..Melbourne cup, if only we got that as a holiday too!! I don't get too involved with that, I'm at different schools so it's hard to participate in sweeps, and I'm not partaking in the celebratory lunch provided by the school I'm at tomorrow...pizza!

I'd love to get over to Melbourne and actually go one year, and get properly dressed up :)

Love that you're feeling good about making good choices - that's awesome!! It makes the choice so much easier :)

Sure does Amber... Which is why I chose to have blueberries with coconut milk, baked broccoli, sautéed silverbeet, egg, bacon and sweet potato with ghee for my breakfast today and enjoyed every bite!... Lunch might be a bit late today after that breakfast of kings LOL

6km bike ride with my son, followed by a late lunch of salad with olives, avocado and tuna and some poached fruit.

Then a dip in the pool and some hoops... Trying to be more active without stressing about it.... In spite of the appearance of a few winter bulges in my spring exercise gear :(

Day 10 11 hours sleep to make up for the late night the night before

M1 last nights dinner which was ribs, pumpkin and veg, tomato soup and some blueberries

Pre WO boiled egg and avocado

20 minute run and 60 minute circuit class

M2 salad with tuna and olives, raspberries with cc

Snack orange and mixed seeds

M3 salmon, zucchini, potatoes, bacon, tomatoes

Day 11 8 hours sleep and got up for my 6am class yay

Pre WO a few bites of a beef burger

60 minute class with boxing, running, carrying tires, full body stuff like burpees and push-ups

Post WO a few bites of the beef burger plus a third of a small sweet potato

M1 turkey mince and veg over silverbeet, small serve of blueberries with coconut milk

5km walk

M2 the rest of the beef burger, cauliflower rice with almonds, zucchini and carrot, raspberries

Snack of fruit and seeds, more because the fruit was free

M3 lamb fillet with salad, a few mouthfuls of poached fruit and cauli rice and almonds

Hi hi.
I'm theoretically on day 11. I have been compliant but I have been taking medicine that has non-compliant stuff in it. So I don't know how I feel about that. Anyway.

Looks like things are going well.

I'll be back when I feel better.

Happy eating.

Day 12, at least 7 hours sleep

7km run

Post WO bite of beef burger and sweet potato

M1 tomato and zucchini soup, bacon and egg, half a mango and some almonds

Snack carrots and some of my lunch plus some mango

M2 salad, beef burger, cauliflower rice

3km walk followed by seeds and apple purée

Snacks late arvo roast beef and tomato followed by an egg and blueberries

M3 roast pork, broccoli, carrots, potato and pumpkin

Not sure what happened today but I just felt antsy all day hence the snacking.

Full of enthusiasm this morning, but now I just feel exhausted....

Looking forward to bed!

Day 13 8 hours sleep
M1 half a mango, turkey mince on silverbeet, small piece of sweet potato with coconut milk, blueberries

M2 beef burger, egg, tuna, tomato, cucumber, olives, sweet potatoes, .... feeling the need for protein today....

M3 cashews and dates.... really!

M4 roast pork and veg

Day 15, poor sleep due to stomach again... Doing no nuts, cocoa, coconut or dried fruit this week for my skin, I think the tummy issue is probably cauliflower but might be cashews too.

M1 leftover pork and veg, blueberries

Snack of 1/2 mango and a carrot

M2 turkey mince and veg, 1/2 mango

M3 beef stir fry with veg

9 hours of sleep sounds lovely!

I'm really trying hard to kick my body into fat burning mode, and heal my inflamed skin, its still so itchy. Usually stopping coffee helps but not this time. I've dropped cocoa now as well and it's improving slightly, next will be to try no eggs, fish and fruits sigh! The hay fever season is in full swing here plus it's nearly AF time which isn't helping.

Thanks for dropping in Jen

You're going well Juzbo. I'm only on day 5, so I'm astounded that you were able to do a whole 100.

Can I ask what bacon you use and if it's compliant? I haven't tried to find any, but would find meals a lot easier if I could add some bacon.

I've never found compliant bacon, but compliant prosciutto is easy to find and a good substitute I think :)

I've found compliant prosciutto at Leo's fine foods. The only compliant bacon I've ever found in Melbourne is Isla... You can get it at the health food store in tooronga village. It's from daylesford but they don't make enough to distribute interstate. Unfortunately for me (I found out the hard way) it contains garlic which I can't tolerate. Aldi, Coles and Safeway all have one brand each of 95% naturally smoked bacon that is compliant except for 0.7% sugar which works out to about 0.4g a serve. I didn't have any bacon for my first 30 and 100 but I dont exclude this non compliant one now. I also don't exclude white potatoes especially, although I have learnt I do have to exclude potato chips for a number of reasons.

Day 19, another good day but a terrible sleep, messed up by hormones and because we are restructuring at work and yesterday I got my new role and had a lot to process I guess. I think I got about 6 hours sleep. I still took my daughter to diving at 6am and went on a run but only about 4km.

M1 potato and broccoli soup with turkey mince, some blueberries

Lunchtime 3km walk

M2 carrot, more soup as well as some tomato soup, egg roll and cantaloupe

M3 baked chicken, ghee, kale, broccoli, carrot, celery, nectarine and an orange

I am having serves of fruit most meals but it seems to be helping rather than hindering my ability to eat mainly three meals . It's helping break my cocoa habit too. My skin is not improving very quickly so soon I will need to test eggs and fruit :( but at least it makes it easy to keep whole30ing as I need the baseline for the N=1

Archived