Getting my life back

Day 20 about 8 hours sleep

M1 turkey mince and veg on spinach plus cantaloupe

5km run

M2 broccoli and potato soup, baked chicken, tomato, cucumber, olives and a peach followed by some kale chips

Some weights and bodywork at the gym

Post WO 8 small macadamias, a piece of cantaloupe and a bite of pork and sweet potato

M3 beef burger, salad, ghee, egg, blueberries

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 21 7 hours sleep (hmm up reading again)

M1 pumpkin soup, zucchini, pork, cantaloupe, cocoa... Testing - so far so good

Boxing class

Post WO 5 Brazil nuts and a date

M2 bacon egg spinach steak tomato carrot beetroot and mango

M3 small tin of salmon, carrot, celery mushroom, prune

M4 beef mince with tomato, zucchini, carrot, mushroom

Day 22 7 hours sleep

Pilates

M1 pumpkin and coriander soup, bacon, egg, spinach, cantaloupe

Pre WO bite of pork

6km run

M2 turkey mince and veg over tomato, lettuce, cucumber and olives, half mango

Snack tin of tuna in oil

M3 steak, sweet potato, broccoli, zucchini, fresh pineapple

Snack cocoa, 2 dates, some seeds

Day 27 woke up too often and early but overall managed 8 hours sleep.

M1 chicken veg soup plus a boiled egg

5km timed run (in the rain) my first ever (parkrun, operates all over the world and its free, check it out), some watermelon

Some weight based activities at the gym

Post WO boiled egg

M2 salad with seeds and olives, sweet potato with ghee, pork koftas

M3 salad and fruit while everyone else was eating a very SAD afternoon tea

M4 baked chicken, spinach and bacon plus cocoa with coconut milk

Feeling ready for bed at 730pm.....

Wow day 28, woke up tired from yesterday's activities but happy!

M1 chicken and veg soup, a mango and half a sweet potato with coconut cream. Going to be a long day today athletics comp from 9 am to 5 pm, I am manning the information tent all day so have packed my M2 of boiled eggs, beef burger, carrot, celery and cucumber. Officials get a Free sausage or sandwich lunch...... Neither of which I ate before whole30 anyway.

M3 bacon, eggs, dates

M4 tiny amount of steak ang veg, saved the rest for tomorrow's lunch

Hey Juzbo! Congratulations on day 29. Tomorrow is day 30!! Yippee!!!!!!! What is your plan?

I stopped eating compliantly on day 21. S'ok. It was a combination of not being prepared during vacation and during company. This last week has been ok. About 70% compliant. Going to celebrate thanksgiving and then I'm going to do a whole whatever until Christmas. Take Christmas and New Year's off and then start again. I'm starting to enjoy the habit of being strict and then more & more compliant when I'm off. It's a process. I'm looking forward to celebrating a year eating this way most of the time in March.

I can't wait to hear what you have to say tomorrow!! Happy day 30 tomorrow!!

Thanks almcc, this time last year I finished my first whole35 then started a whole100 in December to get me though Xmas and Easter without any sugar. I had always planned to go to Dec 1st which is a whole35... I actually started a day early but counted from day1 mon 28th to be in synch with the others starting then. BUT my intention was to consider keeping going till Xmas which is a whole60 depending on how I feel at the time.... So sorry, nothing exciting happening tomorrow.

This has been my best whole whatever but I still have a long way to go to get to where I want to be and I don't really mean weight wise although that is part of it. It's more about the consistency of eating, learning hunger signals, avoiding triggers, healing my skin and making permanent changes etc.

Thanks for your interest and happy thanksgiving and well done for making this a way of life for so long.

I am also impressed with your sleeping focus. I think I will make that a goal in the new year.

It really is about more than weight loss, I like your comments on balance.

Thanks Sara, I think it helped a little re weight loss and a lot with balance (lack of sleep = major food cravings), congrats on your whole30. I like your avatar btw!

Lack of sleep totally messes with your cortisol levels, and vice versa (she says, posting after 1am while taking cortisone lol)

... And not going to bed till after 3am.....

I used to stay up reading till 2am a few times a month but am working really hard to not do this as its impossible to lose any weight that way...

Day31 8.5 hours broken sleep

9km run, really happy as this is my first long run since my surgery in May, looking forward to 14 km being my regular long run again soon??

M1 baked chicken, carrot, peach, egg, blueberries, sweet potato yum but a bit full now but will need it later on to make up for the run.

3 km walk at lunchtime

M2 spinach, turkey mince and veg, half mango, mandarin

Snack of mixed seeds

M3 lamb fillets and salad

Day 33 8 hours sleep, rest day today except maybe a walk. So I had time to make breakfast.

Really starting to crave coffee again now I have done my 30 days but I know it will mess me up. I have lost about a pound this month, 3 if I count my weight after my last gluten/dairy episode I guess. I feel a better shape at this weight than normal so hoping my muscle mass is a bit better. Actually just remembered the scales said 26% bf so that's not too bad for my age. I got to 18% a couple of years ago... I would like to get back to 21-23%

M1 turkey, egg, sweet potato, broccolini and spinach hash served over blueberries.

Snack mango and Brazil nuts...

Lunchtime walk

M2 salad with olives and baked chicken

M3 salmon, potato and veges, canned apples and raisins

Last day of November, and its Day 35 (I omitted counting my actual day1 to join in with those who started 28th Oct). I've done okay, not perfect but good enough. I had my first coffee today and I also made some unsweetened chocolate (cocoa, coconut oil and raisins). Thought about having some wine but decided to try to keep going till Xmas.

M1 small bowl turkey mince and veg

M2 leftover salmon and veg, half avocado and mango

M3 baked broccoli, pumpkin, potato, spinach, bacon and egg

Archived