Getting my life back

Update to above:

End of 35 days yesterday and decided to have coffee in the morning and some sugar treats at night before my 25 days to Xmas. This offroading I was realistic enough to know I would severely regret including dairy and grains, and didnt want to open the gate on alcohol, so I just had some sweets which I did enjoy. Not enjoying the sore stomach today though or the craving for fruit so glad to be back on the new normal eating once again, interesting... Wonder how much was coffee triggered vs mind triggered... Will keep off the coffee still just in case.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you cut out coffee, how long is it until you start feeling better?  I've cut it out before a couple times for a week or two or three, but never notice any benefits to not having it.  I'm curious about your posts that coffee impedes weight loss.  Hmmm....

When I cut coffee it takes 12-14 days for withdrawal symptoms to subside and usually three weeks until I start to feel a bit "happier". I think I have been drinking too much tea which has limited the improvement....

If coffee increases cortisol as it does for some people then it makes sense that it impedes weight loss as cortisol and stress impede weight loss, not sure if because it triggers insulin to be released which tends to cause fat storage or some other mechanisms...

When you cut out coffee, how long is it until you start feeling better?  I've cut it out before a couple times for a week or two or three, but never notice any benefits to not having it.  I'm curious about your posts that coffee impedes weight loss.  Hmmm....

I have this question, too. I feel more even energetically and sleep better pretty quickly, but I never seem to feel like I can get started in the same way without it. Maybe if you've been using it to mask serious depletion it can take a long time? Like, a really, really, really long time?

Coffee is a stimulant and it blocks a number of natural pathways and in many cases it does take time for those pathways to re establish. Coffee and stopping coffee has a major effect on hormone levels too and can trigger or delay your cycle depending on the timing and what else is going on. As we remove other disrupters and inflammation causes the effects become more pronounced imo.

Also coffee can cause or contribute to adrenal fatigue and this does take months to fix. Most people with adrenal fatigue become dependent on coffee to get them through the day so its a vicious circle.

I'm so not ready to go off coffee.  Right now I'm going to go off nuts and then probably dairy (I can't find heavy cream without carrageenan anyway, so I probably shouldn't be using it).  Coffee will be last, if I find I'm still stalled at losing weight (loosening pants).  I did quit cold turkey when I got pregnant, so I know it is possible...

Body combat sounds like fun!

Love body combat, its a Les Mills class with set tracks and good music that changes every 12 weeks.

I love coffee too, especially when I'm not having it :( not sure how much its helping at the moment with weight loss but certainly happier to not having it mess me up at this busy time of year. Feeling quite relaxed about the silly season and hopeful I will be able to eat sensibly.

Day 4 not sure why I'm counting really since its in line with the date LOL

4km slow jog early and I mean early...OH's December resolution which I will join in on when not gymming.

M1 melon, leftover steak and veg, pumpkin soup

Yesterday was compliant even with guests for dinner

Today begins week 2 and I am going to focus on making my meals smaller so I'm actually hungry before I eat. It has been nice never being hungry these last weeks but my clothes are getting tighter! Not doing much activity last week didn't help.

Off to a good start with a sleep in followed by a 10km easy run, my longest in a long while.

M1 some pumpkin and broccoli salad with a half portion of steak, half a teaspoon of coconut oil and the flesh around a mango pip (kids get the two halves either side)

Xmas shopping... Not relevant I know but feels good making a start.

Late M2 and hungry yay... Small serve veg soup and small bowl of turkey mince with zucchini, slice of watermelon plus half tsp coconut oil. Still feeling hungry but going to ignore it....

A few weights.

M3 roast chicken and avocado, tomato, carrot, zucchini, olives, beetroot plus swypo coconut flour gruel...

Thanks Sara and Jen for your support, I do appreciate it!

Body combat 6 am

M1 small apple, small serve of broccoli and pumpkin salad with half serve steak and a mango pip

M2 chicken avocado salad and cantaloupe

M3 sashimi and sweet potato fritters and m first taste of homemade coconut cream kefir!

Hi pp, do you mean the kefir? I bought a box of kefir sachets then instead of using one with a litre of milk I added it to a can of coconut cream with a can of water. It's great as a drink or for pouring over frozen blueberries. The sachet contains whey which I was annoyed about, I should have read the ingredients, but the sachet is only 2.5g put into nearly a litre so I figured I would ignore 0.25 g or less per day.... Although I think I am intolerant to whey, wonder if it gets consumed by the bacteria?

Good sleep, a bit short

Boot camp... a few Brazil nuts

M1 leftovers from last night plus berries with kefir

5km walk

M2 salad with chicken plus mango

M3 dinner out. Grilled calamari with salad, steak with salad, fruit platter... A breeze

AF came to visit and I wasn't expecting it, only a day or two early but none of the usual symptoms before to make me check the calendar... I take this as a good sign

Archived