Brooklyn meat CSA?

Beets

ANyone belong to a beef/pork/poultry CSA or buying group in Brooklyn? I live in Windsor Terrace (SW of Park Slope). We used to have one available to us but after last summer's drought the farmer was no longer able to carry on. (It was a sad story and I am hoping she was able to hold onto her farm.)

I scrabble together my meat-buying from the Sun Fed beef people at the Cortelyou farmer's market, WF and etc., but I'd love to not be spending half my discretionary budget on meat. Our local butcher claims his beef is all grass-fed but it's so cheap (relatively speaking) I think it must be grain-finished.

Thanks.

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but I'm out on Long Island and have found Rustic Roots delivery to be a huge help for us. (rusticrootsdelivery.com) Place your order for the week by Sunday and they email you Monday with a delivery date. The prices seem pretty comparable to what's in stores (we usually have to shop at Fairway to find good meat), and everything is sourced locally. They deliver to Brooklyn.

This is also the only resource I have found for minimally processed bacon/sausage and pasture raised pork (doesn't seem to exist in grocery stores), without spending hours interrogating local butchers. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Cool! I will check it out.

ETA: I just looked at the site and it seems pretty fairly priced. At our farmer's market they will knock a dollar off the ground beef if you buy three lbs, but here you can get the fourth lb free. The lamb and the pork look beautiful, too.

Definitely going to try this. Thanks so much.

Archived