1st Whole30 DONE! Here's my stats.

Carrie

Total Lost during 1st Whole30 (March 1st through 30th): 3 pounds and 3.75 Inches

First Whole30 Measurements:

Weight: 181

Chest: 37.5

Smallest part of waist: 32

At Belly Button: 38

Role below belly button: 41.5

Hips: 43.5

Legs L/R: 26/25.5

Arms L/R: 12.5/12.75

End Measurements and start measurements for my next whole30.

Weight: 178

Chest: 37.5

Smallest part of waist: 31

At Belly Button: 38

Role below belly button: 40.5

Hips: 43

Legs L/R: 25.25/25

Arms L/R: 12.5/12.75

And that's just the start. I also sleep awesome and really hard. I rarely itch. I used to itch a lot. I've been dairy free 80 to 90 % of the time before but would have hive reactions when I ate dairy and/or gluten. So I avoided those things most days. I felt it when I would "cheat." The Whole30 was a great thing for me. I've always had a hard time being an inconvenience if in others company. I felt like my food intolerance's were high maintenance. So I would eat them if I thought maybe some one would be put out. Now I just don't. The whole30 helped me to value myself enough to make decisions in the interest of my health without feeling guilty about it. Now I always am prepared. On Sundays if we go to someone's house, I have a meal in the car if need be. If I don't need it, I bring it home and eat it for dinner. But I'm always prepared. I do notice my mood is much more stable. I went through a time where I was up and down and all around mood wise. That was not fun for me, my children or my husband. I have for sure noticed I'm much more stable and easily positive. It was a lot of work to be positive for a while even with all I am blessed with... It was interesting reading one whole30 testimony about a woman who said that she thought her mood problems were spiritual and emotional and realized her food choices were affecting her in greater ways than she knew. I so relate to that. What a difference. I'm accountable to my goals and expectations. I've learned to set balanced life goals and do what I say I'm going to not allowing excuses. I apply the "slight edge" to my daily life and am reaping results in many areas of my life. The "Slight Edge" is a great book to read for any and all.... I did read "It Starts With Food" and really enjoyed it. I'm feeling great.

I didn't loose a ton of weight. I can for sure see a difference in my photos. I am choosing to buck the tradition of not so healthy in my family. AND I'M SO EXCITED. I've committed to a life change. I've always been a "world changer" like it's in my blood to not go with the flow but to do the right thing and be different no matter what, against odds and with the help and inspiration of my God.

Thank you God and Thanks to the Whole30. I'm in for a life change and I'm grateful!!!!

Some changes I'm applying to my Whole30 I've started already yesterday... I'm paying attention to my fat intake. I'm going to stick to the lower to middle of the meal template. I am also starting with the smaller to middle of the protein intake. And I'm going to stop eating when I'm full. I grew up eating all that was on my plate. So starting with 4 to 6 ounces protein, 2 cups vegetables and 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of coconut oil. I don't need to snack anymore which I LOVE. My life is so much easier eating this way. I used to have to plan like crazy on my busy days to make sure I could survive through the day food wise. Now I can easily wait 5, even 6 hours if I have to and it's no problem. I feel like my life doesn't revolve around food anymore. Funny thing is I think this way of life is the most simple. I've never come across something I see as so basic. You really don't have to read many labels because everything is whole, fresh/frozen and minimally processed or not processed at all. When I was gluten, dairy, soy and nut free I had to READ every label and grocery shopping took forever. Now my fridge is loaded with fresh fruit and vegetables. Same with my freezer and ok to good quality meat. I buy my eggs from a friend that raises chickens down the road. So this is so easy and so simple. And saying "no thank you" isn't that hard.

post-16675-0-08953900-1364919136_thumb.j

post-16675-0-42741000-1364920898_thumb.j

You'll love the slight edge. It talks about how the little choices we make everyday are really really important... and how each choice can move us either in a positive direction or negative direction. It's our choice... And it talks about compounding interest or effort... So make the choices in the beginning even if you don't see results and if you keep compounding the effort and good choices you WILL see results. But you have to be willing to stick with it long enough... It's a fantastic book.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi CraftyCarnivore,

I did 3 days a week kettlebells. They were like 20 minute workouts. I did a mix between heavy swings (not really that heavy like 25#), kettleworx dvd, iron core dvd a few times and jillian michaels kettlebell workout.

Carrie

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to read about your successes. It sounds like you've done a mental makeover as well. I'm on day 2, so am cruising success stories and yours is the first I've read. I love the Slight Edge concepts of personal responsibility and making appropriate choices. Keep it up!

Well done on finishing. Don't worry too much about the not losing weight, your body might just be slower to accept changes than other people's. I know that mine is, I lost nothing in the first 2-3 weeks and then lost 3 pounds between day 30 and day 32. :)

Make sure that you're not leaving yourself hungry by cutting back on your protein and fat, though I think the levels you're talking about sound totally reasonable.

Archived