Magic seasoning blends; blackened redfish magic

flamom2my3

This is worrying me b/c despite listing some ingredients it also lists "spices" as an ingredient.

The label reads "salt, spices, dehydrated garlic, paprika, and dehydrated onion." What could these 'spices' be and why wouldn't they list them? The website is even less help.

http://www.chefpaul.com/site.php?pageID=365&iteminfo=1&productID=8

Err on the side of caution? We really like this stuff on Mahi.

Thanks for any help/advice!

Nat

Personally I wouldn't worry too much. I eat a lot of things that contain 'spices'. Mostly they don't want to label them as they don't want people copying their recipes. I have to say their website's really confusing - I couldn't actually find the ingredients list anywhere.

I googled "spices" and what that means to the fda and it cannot contain sweeteners, msg or starches of any kind. Msg and sulphites must be listed separately. Good question because my brain always says "huh" when I read that. :)

Thanks for clarifying this. I just had to say - I am addicted to this stuff. I get some ahi tuna, put mayonnaise on it, and then put a ton of that seasoning on it. I then heat up a pan with coconut oil, and when it is nice and hot, sear all sides of the tuna just a little bit. Very yummy if you cook it so it stays rare. Nom nom nom nom.

• 1 year later...

Archived