Stuffed cabbage rolls

NMG

Are you supposed to part-cook the leaves before stuffing?

Anyway, I mixed some pork mince with some dried leek and dried garlic, put a small handful of the mix in each cabbage leaf, wedged them all together in the slow cooker and cooked in chopped tomato/pepper.

I'm pretty sure there are more complex recipes and flavours out there, but this was very tasty - the dried leek works well like this as opposed to in soups etc. The cabbage leaves didn't quite cook properly though, and kept unwrapping!

A good trick if you have advanced planning time is to pop the entire head of cabbage in the freezer overnight and freeze solid. Then thaw compleatly and like magic the leaves just peel off and are ready to go.... I put all the small center leaves on the bottom of the pan and eat those as a side dish after.... Yum

A good trick if you have advanced planning time is to pop the entire head of cabbage in the freezer overnight and freeze solid. Then thaw compleatly and like magic the leaves just peel off and are ready to go.... I put all the small center leaves on the bottom of the pan and eat those as a side dish after.... Yum

Very awesome trick FB.

Archived