HAVE A PARTY AND NO CLUE WHAT TO MAKE

Hey there, so im on my second day and next saturday i have this baby shower and im on charge of the snacks, so, i have no clue of what to prepare, i need quick recipes so i can make a great variety of snacks that i could eat and also share de food.

ANY IDEAS? PLESASE

Nuts, olives. Vegetables like celery, jicama, snap peas, green onions, carrots, small baby heirloom tomatoes. I would make Melissa Jouwan's olive oil mayo http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2010/06/03/the-secret-to-homemade-mayo-patience/ and then make a ranch dressing with it. It's in Well Fed. Baba Ghanoush is good too. Deviled eggs http://www.eatingforidiots.com/harrisa-deviled-eggs/

Plantain chips, kale chips, There are lots of good Whole30 compliant ideas available. Fruit like strawberries, mandarins, grapes.

And even though you are on Whole30, not everyone else is. I would make some compliant recipes, but if you can handle it I would give people a few things they like (if you can handle the temptation). I made food that I am not thrilled about so I wouldn't be tempted, but the junk-food -junkies of my husband's family could eat. That being said if this is your first week, it may be too much for you.

Most of all, don't stress and enjoy the party! Depending on the crowd, they may not even notice that the foods you have put are Whole30 compliant!

This is the whole30 party in my head:

Spiced nuts

Guacamole

Veggie tray with a dip made with your homemade mayo

Any of well fed's meatball/sauce recipes

Any compliant sausage cut up and served with spicy mustard

Deviled eggs with homemade mayo

Melon wrapped in prosciutto

Chicken spirals with pesto (no cheese, obv)

Easy peasy :) I hosted a party during my last whole30 and had plenty of compliant snacks and finger foods and no one care that it was whole30.

- tuna salad from Well Fed served over cucumber slices (pic, though my mom overstuffed the slices, haha Hey Love Designs Craft Ups)

- deviled eggs (pic Hey Love Designs Craft Ups)

- fruit skewers (bonus if it looks like a rainbow)

other ideas:

- chicken wings

- guac and veggies

- fruit salad

- mixed nuts

Also not everything needs to be compliant so don't be afraid to pick up other treats for everyone else. I included cookies and macarons.

Thanks for the ideas! I'm hosting a party in a week and a half and am a little nervous. I am planning on a lot of non Whole 30 food, but want to add a few things I can eat. I will do guac and veggies for sure and meatballs sounds like a good add to my plan.

I had a dinner/lunch party during my whole30 (we called it Dunch, lol) and making up a compliant menu was really easy. And the food was delicious. I've been doing a Paleo/Primal version of Atkins for over a year and I have people over at least once or twice a month. I've served on plan foods every single time. My friends and family get to see that my diet isn't weird or unhealthy and the food is really good!

Here was my Whole30 menu. Some of the recipes are my own others I found online:

Appetizers:

Lamb meatballs w/ fig balsamic dip

crudites with cauliflower tahini dip

Dinner:

Balsamic and Tomato Braised Beef Roast

Salad w/ olive oil, avocado, lemon, and herb dressing

Brussels Sprouts braised in chicken stock and ghee

Mashed Cauliflower

Dessert was a fruit salad tossed with lemon juice and coconut cream. I only had a few bites as fruit can be a food with no brakes for me but it was perfectly compliant as part of the meal template.

You probably had the party this weekend, but I wanted to suggest prosciutto wrapped cantaloupe and roast beef wrapped asparagus.

Also spinach dip made with home made mayo. Grilled satay chicken on skewers. Cherry tomatoes stuffed with crab meat. Sweet potato latkes with different toppings: applesauce and curried mayo or dill mayo.

Mmmmm. Now I want to have a party!

Archived