Coconut milk/cream powders any good in coffee?

I'm going to be away for a week with my job and have gotten used to putting coconut milk in my coffee. Any portable options out there? Little packets of coconut cream maybe? I see coconut milk powder online... would that mix up ok in coffee? Many seem to have milk proteins and I am trying to avoid dairy. I'm post-Whole 30 but trying to still be "good." Any suggestions for traveling/hotel/catered foods?

Thanks for any info! ~Jess

I have a little tube that fits about a tbsp of cc cream. You just have to squeeze this thing. Look at the baking section for tiny tubes for cake/cookies decorating. I take it with me if I have a coffee date. I even took it the opera once, because their coffee is not the best, but it's a tradition for the intermission (including so-not-for-me-anymore ice-cream for the rest of people). I got weird looks and questions several times, but most of time nobody will even notice.

• 5 years later...

There's also this one, that only has 3 ingredients and seems to be a decent price. But make sure you get the unsweetened one because they do have sweetened varieties. 

Ingredients as of today are: Coconut Milk Powder, Aquamin(tm) (Calcium derived from marine algae), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

https://lairdsuperfood.com/collections/superfood-creamers/products/laird-superfood-unsweetened-original-creamer-new

• Administrators
1 hour ago, laura_juggles said:

There's also this one, that only has 3 ingredients and seems to be a decent price. But make sure you get the unsweetened one because they do have sweetened varieties. 

Ingredients as of today are: Coconut Milk Powder, Aquamin(tm) (Calcium derived from marine algae), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

https://lairdsuperfood.com/collections/superfood-creamers/products/laird-superfood-unsweetened-original-creamer-new

Haha, I've tried this one too. It's the same if not worse for creaminess but super clumpy....so you have to use a blender or one of those little aerolatte hand whippers. Sorry!

I've been trying to find a powdered creamer that I could take on motorcycle trips rather than fussing around w/ liquid coconut milk and so far have found nothing suitable. :( 

20 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

Yes, @Jen-Whole30 - this is Vital Proteins, a Whole30 approved partner. Just to note, although this is a "creamer", it does not make your coffee very creamy unless you add loads and loads of it....which I found to be cost-prohibitive.

Yes, I learned that this morning, but the collagen benefit will have to do. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Tell Melissa Hartwig to talk to the nutpods people.....we need a single serving size or less that 3.4oz option for travel!!:D

I think I remember reading somewhere that Melissa travels with her nutpods, but she must check her luggage.....something I avoid doing regardless of where I'm going.

Archived