Eye twitch!!

I'm on day three of my whole30, and feel pretty good except for this eyelid twitch thing! Both of my eyelids are twitching on and off and it's driving me crazy! Anyone else have this problem or know what I should do to alleviate it?!

Thanks

ah, the dreaded eye twitch. I've had it frequently in the past (but not on the whole30,actually, that one has gotten better, not worse). Things that help: check your mineral intake (maybe a magnesium supplement is in order?), check your screen time. If you stare a computer all day, it helps to take breaks, focus off in the distance, go for a walk, etc. Also make sure you give yourself several hours without screens in the evening. Don't just go from screens at work to screens at home. Finally, check your caffeine consumption. Too much will deplete your minerals (see above) and also make you twitchy in general.

I've had the same problem in the past. I second the magnesium recommendation, it seems to help me. In fact that's how I know when I need to take a supplement (that and feeling shaky). I also found that stress aggravates the twitching too, so try to take mini relaxation breaks throughout the day. I would recommend a low dose of magnesium to start. Higher does can cause loose stool.

• 4 years later...

Ah!!  I'm going to start taking my magnesium again today!  I'm on Day 8 and my eyelid has been twitching since day 1.  Driving me bonkers!  I don't have caffeine for the most part either.  I had some cold brew yesterday for the first time.

• 1 year later...

Archived